Clofranil Sr 75mg Tablet
Clofranil Sr 75 MG Description
Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet treats conditions such as OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder), panic and anxiety disorders, and depression. Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet belongs to the class of antidepressants
(medicines that fight depression). The active ingredient in Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet is clomipramine. Certain chemicals in the brain, such as serotonin and noradrenaline, regulate mood, emotions, and behaviour. Mode of action of Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet involves boosting the activity of such chemicals, stabilising and uplifting mood, and fighting the symptoms of the abovementioned diseases. Side effects of Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet usually go away on their own without medical intervention. However, in case of persisting side effects, it is necessary to consult a doctor. This medicine must not be used on children under 17.
|You Save||₹24.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Cataplexy, Narcolepsy|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Dry mouth, Headache, Nausea, Weight gain|
Uses of Clofranil Sr 75 MG
- Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet is used to treat OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder), panic and anxiety disorders, and depression. This medicine, in combination with others, treats cataplexy which is a disorder that causes muscle weakness and narcolepsy (uncontrollable sleepiness during the day)....
Contraindications of Clofranil Sr 75 MG
Side effects of Clofranil Sr 75 MG
- Dry mouth
- Most side effects of Clofranil SR 75 mg tablets disappear on their own and do not require any medical attention. However, in case of persisting or worsening of side effects, consult a doctor.
Precautions and Warnings of Clofranil Sr 75 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience sudden mood changes, negative thoughts, or suicidal thoughts.
- You have taken any other medicine in the last 14 days.
- You are suffering from any diseases or health conditions.
- You have a known allergy.
- You experience erectile dysfunction (failure to have an erect penis)
- You feel dizzy.
- You feel drowsy.
- You suffer from indigestion.
- You experience loss of appetite.
- You have a dry mouth.
- You have nausea or vomiting.
- You have headaches.
- You suffer from constipation.
- You notice weight gain.
- You should monitor your heart and liver functioning regularly when taking Clofranil SR 75 mg tablets.
- You should have regular dental check-ups. This is mandatory since Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet causes dry mouth and increases the chances of tooth decay.
- Your doctor might alter the treatment plan or modify the dosage to help you better deal with the unwanted side effects. Never stop the medicine without your doctor’s consent.
Mode of Action of Clofranil Sr 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clofranil Sr 75 MG
- Take Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet with food or as suggested by your doctor.
- It is better to take Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet before bedtime so that you can sleep peacefully.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day.
- The dose and duration of medicine will be suggested by your doctor, based on your health and medical history.
- Take Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet with a glass full of water. Do not break, crush or chew the tablet.
- Never stop treatment on your own. Your doctor might modify the treatment or gradually reduce the dosage.
- If you have suicidal or self-harm thoughts or experience sudden mood changes, consult your doctor immediately.
Interactions of Clofranil Sr 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take Clofranil SR 75 mg tablets with other medicines for depression, such as moclobemide, phenelzine, and tranylcypromine.
- Do not take buprenorphine when on a Clofranil SR 75 mg treatment; it can cause life-threatening reactions.
- Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet might cause adverse effects when taken along with the following:
- Heart medicines such as amiodarone, diltiazem, disopyramide, epinephrine, isoprenaline, quinidine, procainamide, and verapamil
- High blood pressure medicines such as betanidine, clonidine, guanethidine, and reserpine
- Anti-Parkinson’s medicines such as levodopa and selegiline
- Antipsychotics such as pimozide
- Antibiotics such as rifampicin and pentamidine
- Blood thinners such as warfarin
- HIV medicines such as indinavir and ritonavir
- Anti-allergy medicine such as terfenadine
- Antacids such as cimetidine
- Pain relievers such as aspirin
- Antimanic medicine such as lithium
- Never take any medicine without informing your doctor when taking Clofranil SR 75 mg tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit juice, grapefruit, and cranberry juice as these fruits increase the serum levels of Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet and might lead to adverse effects.
- Avoid fried foods, processed foods, high-fat dairy products, and pastries when you are on Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet. These foods may worsen anxiety.
Storage and disposal of Clofranil Sr 75 MG
Dosage of Clofranil Sr 75 MG
- If you suspect an overdose of Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet, contact your doctor immediately or rush to the nearest emergency room. Symptoms of Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet overdose include severe nausea, agitation, drowsiness, restlessness, sweating, fast heartbeat, seizures, fainting, and coma....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet make you an addict?
Q: Do Clofranil SR 75 mg tablets lead to thoughts of self-harming?
- Yes. Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet might cause self-harming thoughts, especially if there is a medical history of the same. If you experience such thoughts when you are on Clofranil SR 75 mg tablet treatment, contact your doctor immediately....
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. National Institute of Mental Health [Internet]. nimh.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 2 February 2022]
- Panic Disorder. National Library of Medicine [Internet]. medlineplus.gov [cited 2 February 2022]
- What Is Depression? American Psychiatric Association [Internet]. psychiatry.org [cited 2 February 2022
- Clomipramine: An Antiobsessive Drug. The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. SAGE Journals. [Internet]. journals.sagepub [cited 2 February 2022]
- Drug Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Dialogues in Clinical Neuroscience. NCBI [Internet]. ncbi.nim.nih [cited 2 February 2022]
- Relevance of Methodological Design for the Interpretation of Efficacy of Drug Treatment of Premature Ejaculation: A Systematic Review and Meta Analysis. New Journal Series [Internet]. Nature [cited 2 February 2022]