Clindy Gel 20gm
Clindy Gel 20gm Description
Clindy Gel is a topical antibiotic used to treat acne. It contains clindamycin as an active component. Clindamycin helps to inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria. It is meant only for external
application and should be applied exactly as recommended by the doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects while using Clindy Gel, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to the doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Clindy Gel 20gm
Contraindications of Clindy Gel 20gm
- If you have an allergy to clindamycin, lincomycin or other ingredients of the Clindy Gel.
- If you have a digestive disorder like inflammation in the inner lining of the intestine (colitis) or have a history of antibiotic-associated colitis.
Side effects of Clindy Gel 20gm
- Skin dryness
- Urge to scratch
- Skin oiliness
Precautions and Warnings of Clindy Gel 20gm
Other General Warnings
- You may develop an allergic reaction after using Clindy Gel
- You are using products containing benzoyl peroxide because concomitant use should be avoided.
- You should not apply it on the eyes, mouth, and cuts or wounds on your skin, as caution should be exercised when applying medication around the areas.
- You may have a genetic tendency to develop allergic diseases like rhinitis, asthma, etc., as caution is advised.
- You may experience burning or irritation on the skin. The doctor may suggest you discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Clindy Gel 20gm
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clindy Gel 20gm
- Clindy Gel is meant for external use only.
- Use as directed by a doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions from the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds; rub it gently.
- Wash hands before and after using the medicine unless the hands are the area to be treated.
- Do not use it for a longer time than the doctor suggested.
- Do not apply on windburned or sunburned skin or open wounds.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eyes, lips or inside the nose.
- In case the eyes come in contact with the medicine rinse the eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Clindy Gel 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Clindy Gel is meant for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, may interact with other topical medicines. Discuss with the doctor if you are already on other topical medicines....
- Concomitant use of the medicine along with blood thinners like warfarin, acenocoumarol, and fluindione may increase blood clotting time.
- If you are going to have surgery in those cases, anaesthetics or medicines used to paralyse the muscles should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Clindy Gel 20gm
- Store Clindy Gel below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Clindy Gel 20gm
- As Clindy Gel is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you applied extra quantity then wipe out the excess with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed applying Clindy Gel, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply the medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before applying for Clindy Gel?
- Do not use it for a longer duration than the doctor has suggested.
- Do not apply Clindy Gel on windburned, sunburned skin or on open wounds.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eye area, lips or inside of the nose.
- Rub it gently and well.
- Wash the hands after applying it.
Q: For how long do I need to apply Clindy Gel?
Q: Can I put Clindy Gel in the freezer?
Q: Can I apply Clindy Gel in an excess amount for fast healing?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clindamycin Phosphate Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clindamycin (Topical Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]