Clincitop Gel 20gm
Clincitop 1 % Description
Clincitop gel is a topical antibiotic used to treat acne. It contains clindamycin that helps to inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria. It is meant only for external application and should be ap
plied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Clincitop 1 %
Contraindications of Clincitop 1 %
- If you are allergic to clindamycin or other ingredients present along with Clincitop gel.
- You may have a digestive disorder like inflammation of the inner lining of the intestine (colitis) or have a history of antibiotic-associated colitis.
Side effects of Clincitop 1 %
- Skin dryness
- Urge to scratch
- Skin oiliness
Precautions and Warnings of Clincitop 1 %
Other General Warnings
- You are already using products to treat acne.
- Avoid applying Clincitop gel on the eyes, mouth and cuts or wounds on the skin, as caution should be exercised while applying medication around these areas.
- You may have a genetic tendency to develop allergic diseases like rhinitis, asthma, etc., as caution is advised for such patients.
- You may experience burning or irritation on the skin. The doctor may suggest discontinuing the treatment.
Mode of Action of Clincitop 1 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clincitop 1 %
- Use the Clincitop gel as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Apply a thin layer of this gel and rub it gently and well.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Do not apply the medicine to windburned or sunburned skin.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eyes, lips or inside of the nose.
- Wash your hands before and after using the Clincitop gel unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this gel rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Clincitop 1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Clincitop gel is meant for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. It may interact with other topically applied medicines. Inform the doctor if you are already on other topical medicines....
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Clincitop 1 %
- Store Clincitop gel at a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Clincitop 1 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before applying Clincitop gel?
- Do not use it for a longer duration than the doctor has suggested.
- Avoid applying for medicine on windburned, sunburned skin or open wounds.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eye area, lips or inside of the nose.
- Rub it gently and well.
- Wash the hands after applying it.