Clinamycin 1% Gel
Price to be Updated
Clinamycin 1 % Description
Clinamycin Gel is a topical antibiotic used to treat acne. It contains clindamycin as an active component. Clindamycin helps to inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria. It is meant only for exter
nal application and should be applied exactly as recommended by the doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects while using Clinamycin Gel, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to the doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
- Clincitop Gel 20gmBy Universal Twin Labs Pvt Ltd20g Gel in TubeMRP 60.90₹ 51.76₹
Uses of Clinamycin 1 %
Contraindications of Clinamycin 1 %
- If you have an allergy to clindamycin, lincomycin or other ingredients of the Clinamycin Gel.
- If you have a digestive disorder like inflammation in the inner lining of the intestine (colitis) or have a history of antibiotic-associated colitis.
Side effects of Clinamycin 1 %
- Skin dryness
- Urge to scratch
- Skin oiliness
Precautions and Warnings of Clinamycin 1 %
Other General Warnings
- You may develop an allergic reaction after using Clinamycin Gel
- You are using products containing benzoyl peroxide because concomitant use should be avoided.
- You should not apply it on the eyes, mouth, and cuts or wounds on your skin, as caution should be exercised when applying medication around the areas.
- You may have a genetic tendency to develop allergic diseases like rhinitis, asthma, etc., as caution is advised.
- You may experience burning or irritation on the skin. The doctor may suggest you discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Clinamycin 1 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clinamycin 1 %
- Clinamycin Gel is meant for external use only.
- Use as directed by a doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions from the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds; rub it gently.
- Wash hands before and after using the medicine unless the hands are the area to be treated.
- Do not use it for a longer time than the doctor suggested.
- Do not apply on windburned or sunburned skin or open wounds.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eyes, lips or inside the nose.
- In case the eyes come in contact with the medicine rinse the eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Clinamycin 1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Clinamycin Gel is meant for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, may interact with other topical medicines. Discuss with the doctor if you are already on other topical medicines....
- Concomitant use of the medicine along with blood thinners like warfarin, acenocoumarol, and fluindione may increase blood clotting time.
- If you are going to have surgery in those cases, anaesthetics or medicines used to paralyse the muscles should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Clinamycin 1 %
- Store Clinamycin Gel below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Clinamycin 1 %
- As Clinamycin Gel is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you applied extra quantity then wipe out the excess with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed applying Clinamycin Gel, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply the medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before applying for Clinamycin Gel?
- Do not use it for a longer duration than the doctor has suggested.
- Do not apply Clinamycin Gel on windburned, sunburned skin or on open wounds.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eye area, lips or inside of the nose.
- Rub it gently and well.
- Wash the hands after applying it.
Q: For how long do I need to apply Clinamycin Gel?
Q: Can I put Clinamycin Gel in the freezer?
Q: Can I apply Clinamycin Gel in an excess amount for fast healing?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clindamycin Phosphate Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clindamycin (Topical Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]