Chymotas Forte Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD GX
20 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Chymotas Forte Tablet contains Trypsin-Chymotrypsin. These are enzymes that help to improve the digestion and absorption of protein and essential nutrients in the body. They reduce pain, redness and s
welling associated with any post-operative and infected wounds. Chymotas Forte Tablet improve circulation and promote faster wound healing. Avoid Chymotas Forte Tablet if you have a history of allergy, liver or kidney problems. Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers should take this medicine only after consulting their doctors....
Uses of Chymotas Forte Tablet
Chymotas Forte Tablet is an anti-inflammatory medicine that is useful in reducing the pain, swelling and also helps in quick healing of post-operative wounds, traumas and injuries of tissues.
Contraindications of Chymotas Forte Tablet
- If you are allergic to Trypsin-chymotrypsin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you have a condition of increased eye pressure.
- If you have peptic ulcers. (ulcers in the stomach and intestine)
Side effects of Chymotas Forte Tablet
- Shortness of breath (rare)
- Skin rash or itching (rare)
- Stomach pain or discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Chymotas Forte Tablet
Can I take Chymotas Forte Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of Chymotas Forte Tablet during human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I take Chymotas Forte Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Chymotas Forte Tablet passes into human milk. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Chymotas Forte Tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Chymotas Forte Tablet on driving but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Chymotas Forte Tablet?
Chymotas Forte Tablet may interact with alcohol, so avoid consuming alcohol while you are on treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver and kidney problems.
- You have blood clotting issues, as this medicine may interfere with it.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking this medicine as rarely this medicine may cause an allergic reaction (itching, shortness of breath, swelling of the lips or throat).
Mode of Action of Chymotas Forte Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Chymotas Forte Tablet contains enzymes (Trypsin-chymotrypsin) that help is digestion and absorption of required protein in the stomach. Thus, it helps in reducing inflammation and helps in preventinginfections....Read more
- They improve and restore the blood circulation, improves swelling, pain and fasten the recovery of the wound. They aid in the proper digestion of food and decrease the chances of stomach pain, gas andindigestion. It helps in the absorption of essential nutrients in bedridden patients....Read more
Directions for Use of Chymotas Forte Tablet
- Take Chymotas Forte Tablet as a whole, with water, 30 minutes before food or as told by your doctor.
- Do not break or chew the medicine and take it regularly and without fail.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Chymotas Forte Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Chymotas Forte Tablets along with medicines used to prevent clotting of blood like Clopidogrel, Warfarin and Heparin should be avoided as it can increase the risk of bleeding.
- This medicine, when taken along with antibiotics like Penicillin and Chloramphenicol, may increase the risk of severe side effects. (nausea, vomiting, stomach upset and diarrhoea).
- This medicine may interact with other medicines including herbal medicines. Thus, they should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Chymotas Forte Tablet
- Store Chymotas Forte Tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this tablet after the expiry date has passed.
Dosage of Chymotas Forte Tablet
In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Chymotas Forte Tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, sk
ip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Chymotas Forte Tablet with other antibiotics?
A: Chymotas Forte Tablet may increase the level of antibiotics (penicillin, chloramphenicol, etc.) in the body. The side effects of these medicines might increase and you may experience symptoms like diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, mouth pain, headache, confusion, fever, etc. Hence, you should not take any medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q: Why should I stop taking Chymotas Forte Tablet medicine before surgery?
A: Chymotas Forte Tablet interferes with the clotting system of blood in the body which may lead to increase chances of bleeding during surgery. To avoid such a fatal situation, your doctor may advise stopping this medicine 2 weeks before the surgical procedure.
Q: Is Chymotas Forte Tablet a painkiller?
A: Yes, Chymotas Forte Tablet is a painkiller.
Q: Is Chymotas Forte Tablet safe for use in lactation?
A: There is limited information about the use of Chymotas Forte Tablet in lactation. Hence, it is unknown if this medicine is present in breast milk. Thus, you should consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Q: Is Chymotas Forte Tablet a steroid?
A: No, Chymotas Forte Tablet is not a steroid.
Q: I have undergone surgery on my facial bones. Why has my doctor prescribed Chymotas Forte Tablet?
A: Chymotas Forte Tablet helps in improving circulation around the surgical wounds and prevents the chances of infection, redness and swelling. Thus, it helps in faster healing of the stitching site.
Q: How does Chymotas Forte Tablet work?
A: Chymotas Forte Tablet contains enzymes Trypsin and Chymotrypsin. They break down the protein in the stomach and help in smooth absorption. These protein helps in faster healing of wounds and helps to reduce the redness, swelling of infected wounds. It helps in improving wounds associate with the caesarian section, infected stitches, pelvic inflammatory disease, tooth removal, surgeries of face bones, fractures and sprains.
Q: Is Chymotas Forte Tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Chymotas Forte Tablet is not an antibiotic.
Q: How to take Chymotas Forte Tablet?
A: Take Chymotas Forte Tablet in dose and frequency exactly prescribed by your doctor. Never share it with anyone for similar problems. Take the whole tablet with water, preferably half an hour before a meal. Do not break or chew it.
Last Updated on: 15 Oct 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved