Chericof Ls Syp
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Chericof Ls Syp is a combination of Ambroxol, Guaifenesin and Levosalbutamol. It helps in relieving symptoms such as spasm, blockage, swelling and contraction in airways and lungs during asthmatic attacks and chronic bronchitis. This medicine needs to be taken as directed by the doctor. You should not stop taking this medicine on your own, even if you feel better after taking it for a few days. Common side effects of this medicine are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain. Mostly the side effects may occur for a short duration and recover soon.
Uses of Chericof Ls Syp
Chericof Ls Syp is used in relieving symptoms of asthma attacks like a blockage and spasm in airways and lungs. It is also useful in chronic bronchitis, which is a condition of inflammation and swelling of air passages inside the lungs.
Contraindications of Chericof Ls Syp
- As Chericof Ls Syp contains Ambroxol, Guaiphenesin and Levosalbutamol, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these ingredients when taken alone, should be considered contraindicated for this combination.read less
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are suffering from gastric ulcers.
- If you are suffering from bronchospasm and swelling in the throat (Phyranx).
- If you are suffering from allergic reactions like rashes and the urge to scratch.
Side effects of Chericof Ls Syp
- Stomach pain
- Itching & Rashes
- Infection of airway & lungs
- Fast heart rate
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Chericof Ls Syp
Can I take Chericof Ls Syp during pregnancy?
It is not known if Chericof Ls Syp is safe during pregnancy due to limited information. Thus, avoid taking this medicine if you are pregnant. Your doctor may prescribe this medicine only if it is considered essential.
Can I take Chericof Ls Syp while breastfeeding?
Components of Chericof Ls Syp pass into breast milk in small amounts and it is recommended to avoid this medicine during breastfeeding to avoid any harm to the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Chericof Ls Syp?
Chericof Ls Syp is not known to affect your driving ability. However, if you experience any side effects like dizziness, fits and drowsiness, avoid driving and operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Chericof Ls Syp?
You should not consume alcohol along with Chericof Ls Syp as it can lead to drowsiness, dizziness and sensory impairment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver or kidney problems
- You have stomach ulcers
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have a history of asthma or fits
- You have an overactive thyroid gland
- You develop a low level of potassium in your blood
- You have a history of severe allergic reactions
Mode of Action of Chericof Ls Syp
How Does It Work?
Chericof Ls Syp acts by thinning, liquefying and loosening the mucus that is blocking the airways so it can be coughed out easily. It also relaxes the airways and makes breathing easier.
Directions for Use of Chericof Ls Syp
- Take Chericof Ls Syp as directed by your doctor
- Shake well before use, do not take it directly from the bottle
- Use a measuring cup, dropper or spoon for exact quantities
- Read the instructions on the bottle before using it
Interactions of Chericof Ls Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions seen with these three components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination.read less
- Medicine used to treat high blood pressure like Atenolol can worsen the condition.
- The water pill should not be taken along with this medicine. Potassium levels should be monitored.
- Medicine to treat heart failure like Digoxin should be used cautiously.
- Medicines to treat psychiatric disorders like Clomipramine can worsen heart-related problems.
- Other bronchodilators (like Salmeterol, Formoterol, Albuterol, etc.) and medicines that suppress cough like Dextromethorphan, Hydrocodone, Codeine, Noscapine, etc.) should be used with caution along with Chericof Ls Syp.read less
Storage and disposal of Chericof Ls Syp
- Store Chericof Ls Syp below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date shows the last day of that month.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the content colour is different or particles are present.
- Discard unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Chericof Ls Syp
- Overdose of Chericof Ls Syp can lead to serious heart and kidney-related problems. Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, increased heart rate or fits, stomach pain and drowsiness.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Chericof Ls Syp may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed a dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give my child Chericof Ls Syp for a dry cough?
A: Chericof Ls Syp is generally used for wet cough only. It helps in loosening up the mucus (phlegm), increasing airway secretions and relaxing the airways so that the mucus is released, liquefy and expelled from the airways easily through coughing. This medicine for the baby alone may not be enough and you require additional medications depending on your child's condition. Hence, it is best advised to use this medicine under medical supervision.
Q: Can Chericof Ls Syp be used as a painkiller also?
A: This medicine is used to relieve symptoms of asthmatic attacks and should only be used if prescribed by your doctor. You should not use this medicine on your own as a painkiller or for any other condition, without consulting your doctor.
Q: Is Chericof Ls Syp addictive?
A: No, Chericof Ls Syp is not addictive, but it is advisable not to give this medicine to anyone else without consulting a doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Chericof Ls Syp on my own?
A: No, do not stop Chericof Ls Syp on your own, even if you are showing signs of recovery. If the doctor considers it necessary, then he/ she may decrease the dose of the medicine gradually before stopping it. If you stop it suddenly, then it will lead to treatment failure.
- Webmd. Levosalbutamol. [Accessed on 22.Dec.2020] (online)
- Drugs.com. Ambroxol. [Accessed on 22.Dec.2020] (online)
- Webmd. Guaifenesin. [Accessed on 22.Dec.2020] (online)
- USFDA. Xopenex HFA. [Accessed on 22.Dec.2020] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Guaifenesin. [Accessed on 22.Dec.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Ambroxol/ Levosalbutamol /Guiphenesin. [Accessed on 22.Dec.2020] (online)
- DUCOF-LS Syrup PI. [Accessed on 22.Dec.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 23 Dec 2020 | 11:08 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved