Cetapin Xr 500mg 15's Tab
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cetapin XR Tablet contains Metformin, an anti-diabetic agent as its active ingredient. It is also known as the "Biguanide" class of medicine. Cetapin XR Tablet is used to treat high blood sugar levels
when diet and exercise do not provide optimal outcomes. Metformin acts on the intestine by decreasing the absorption of glucose, thus reducing the glucose production from the liver, which results in increased uptake of sugar by the body cells. You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after meals....
Uses of Cetapin Xr 500mg 15'S Tab
Cetapin XR Tablet is used to treat Type 2 diabetes mellitus in overweight patients when dietary changes and exercise fail to achieve satisfactory glycaemic control.
Contraindications of Cetapin Xr 500mg 15'S Tab
- If you are allergic to Metformin or any other ingredients of Cetapin XR Tablet.
- If you have kidney failure.
- If you have several conditions such as dehydration, shock and severe infection.
- If you have an acid-base imbalance in the body or diabetes complications such as diabetic ketoacidosis.
- If you have conditions such as heart failure, lung failure, shock, heart attack.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you had unconsciousness due to either extremely high or low blood sugar levels.
Side effects of Cetapin Xr 500mg 15'S Tab
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Taste disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Cetapin Xr 500mg 15'S Tab
Can I take Cetapin XR Tablet during pregnancy?
Cetapin XR Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are planning pregnancy, he might suggest you some other alternatives.
Can I take Cetapin XR Tablet while breastfeeding?
Cetapin XR Tablet passes into the breast milk in very small quantities which might not be harmful to the baby. Metformin should be used with caution while nursing newborn and premature infants.
Can I drive if I have taken Cetapin XR Tablet?
Cetapin XR Tablet does not effect the ability to drive. However, if you experience dizziness or decrease blood sugar levels after taking this medicine, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Cetapin XR Tablet?
Alcohol intake should be avoided when taking Cetapin XR Tablet as it increases the risk of lactic acidosis (acid-base imbalance).
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have lactic acidosis (acid-base imbalance) characterised by difficulty in breathing, abdominal pain, muscle cramps, dehydration.
- You have altered kidney function.
- You have heart disease such as heart failure.
- You have planned surgery.
- You have or are going to administer any contrast medium in the body.
- Cetapin XR Tablet should not be used in children below 10 years of age.
Mode of Action of Cetapin Xr 500mg 15'S Tab
How Does It Work?
- Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas, which empowers glucose uptake from the blood to enter into the cell for energy production. Individuals with type 2 diabetes either lack sufficient production of insulin or fail to utilize the insulin (known as insulin resistance). This in turn leads to high levels of glucose in the blood....Read more
- Metformin decreases the blood glucose level by reducing its absorption from the digestive tract and reducing the amount of sugar produced in the liver and increasing the absorption of sugar by the body cells from the blood....Read more
Directions for Use of Cetapin Xr 500mg 15'S Tab
Cetapin XR Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your d
Interactions of Cetapin Xr 500mg 15'S Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines to reduce inflammation should not be taken with the medicine.
- Injections with a contrasting medium of iodine, such as for X-rays, should be done only if you have not taken the medicine during or before the scheduled time.
- Medications such as contraceptive pills, diuretics, blood pressure medications, thyronorm, furosemide and phenytoin should not be taken with the medicine because they increase blood glucose levels.
- Steroids should not be taken with this medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Cetapin Xr 500mg 15'S Tab
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep the product out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Cetapin Xr 500mg 15'S Tab
An overdose of Cetapin XR Tablet is associated with lactic acidosis presenting with symptoms of drowsiness, rapid breathing, severe vomiting, diarrhoea, irregular heartbeats. If you experience any of
the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take
a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What general lifestyle changes should I observe while taking Cetapin XR Tablet?
A: You should not consume alcohol, maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly.
Q: What is the right dosage for children prescribed with Cetapin XR Tablet?
A: Children at or over 10 years should begin with 500 or 850 mg of the medicine.
Q: Can I stop taking Cetapin XR Tablet?
A: You should not stop Cetapin XR Tablet halfway through the dosage schedule. You should consult your physician before stopping this medicine.
Q: Will Cetapin XR Tablet reduce weight?
A: No, Cetapin XR Tablet does not reduce weight. It neither increases or decreases the weight. You should continue to exercise and follow a diet while on this medicine.
Q: What is Cetapin XR Tablet?
A: Cetapin XR Tablet is an oral hypoglycemic medicine used to treat Type 2 Diabetes mellitus, characterised by increased blood sugar levels. It is an anti-diabetic preparation given when blood sugar levels are not controlled by exercise and diet. The XR in Cetapin XR Tablet stands for 'extended release' which means the medicine gets released into the blood slowly and has its effect for a prolonged duration, thereby reducing the frequency of dosing. This medicine should never be broken or crushed, else the desired effect gets altered.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 02 Jul 2021 | 10:28 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved