Cetapin Xr 1gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
Cetapin Xr 1000 MG Description
Cetapin XR 1000 tablet contains metformin, an anti-diabetic agent as its active ingredient. It is used to treat high blood sugar levels when diet and exercise do not provide optimal outcomes. Metform
in acts on the intestine by decreasing the absorption of glucose, thus reducing the glucose production from the liver, which results in increased uptake of sugar by the body cells. You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after meals.
Uses of Cetapin Xr 1000 MG
Contraindications of Cetapin Xr 1000 MG
- If you are allergic to Metformin or any other ingredients of Cetapin XR 1000 tablet.
- If you have kidney failure.
- If you have several conditions such as dehydration, shock and severe infection.
- If you have an acid-base imbalance in the body or diabetes complications such as diabetic ketoacidosis.
- If you have conditions such as heart failure, lung failure, shock, heart attack.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you had unconsciousness due to either extremely high or low blood sugar levels.
Side effects of Cetapin Xr 1000 MG
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Taste disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Cetapin Xr 1000 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have lactic acidosis (acid-base imbalance) characterised by difficulty in breathing, abdominal pain, muscle cramps, dehydration.
- You have altered kidney function.
- You have heart disease such as heart failure.
- You have planned surgery.
- You have or are going to administer any contrast medium in the body.
- Cetapin XR 1000 tablet should not be used in children below 10 years of age.
Mode of Action of Cetapin Xr 1000 MG
How Does It Work?
- Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas, which empowers glucose uptake from the blood to enter into the cell for energy production. Individuals with type 2 diabetes either lack sufficient production of insulin or fail to utilize the insulin (known as insulin resistance). This in turn leads to high levels of glucose in the blood....
- Metformin decreases the blood glucose level by reducing its absorption from the digestive tract and reducing the amount of sugar produced in the liver and increasing the absorption of sugar by the body cells from the blood....
Directions for Use of Cetapin Xr 1000 MG
Interactions of Cetapin Xr 1000 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines to reduce inflammation should not be taken with the medicine.
- Injections with a contrasting medium of iodine, such as for X-rays, should be done only if you have not taken the medicine during or before the scheduled time.
- Medications such as contraceptive pills, diuretics, blood pressure medications, thyronorm, furosemide and phenytoin should not be taken with the medicine because they increase blood glucose levels.
- Steroids should not be taken with this medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Cetapin Xr 1000 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep the product out of the reach and sight of children and pets.