Celpoietin 2000iu Injection
Celpoietin 2000 IU Description
Celpoietin Injection is used to treat low red blood cell count (anaemia) that occurs due to kidney disease, cancer chemotherapy, or HIV infection treatment. Anaemia is a condition where there is a sh
rtage of enough healthy red blood cells to carry oxygen to your body's tissues. Celpoietin contains erythropoietin as the active substance that works by increasing the red blood cell count in the body. It can be used in both adults and children. It will be given to you by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
Uses of Celpoietin 2000 IU
- Celpoietin Injection is used for the treatment of anaemia that occurs because of cancer chemotherapy, HIV infection treatment with zidovudine, or kidney disease.
- Celpoietin Injection is also used to reduce the need for red blood cell transfusions in patients who are at high risk for blood loss due to planned, noncardiac, nonvascular surgery.
Contraindications of Celpoietin 2000 IU
- If you are allergic to erythropoietin or any other ingredient of Celpoietin Injection.
- If you are allergic to mammalian cell-derived products or albumin.
- If you have high blood pressure that is not properly controlled.
- If you have a condition called pure red cell aplasia where there is reduced or stopped red blood cell production.
Side effects of Celpoietin 2000 IU
Precautions and Warnings of Celpoietin 2000 IU
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or heart disease.
- You have cancer.
- You are undergoing dialysis.
- You have a haemoglobin level greater than 11g/dL with heart or blood vessel disorder.
- You are scheduled for surgery like coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG) or orthopaedic surgery.
- You are undergoing treatment for hepatitis C with medicines like interferon and ribavirin.
- You have high blood pressure that is not properly controlled.
- You have iron deficiency, infection, inflammation, or bleeding.
- You experience seizures/fits after taking Celpoietin Injection.
- You develop symptoms like skin rashes, swelling of the face and lips, red spots after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Celpoietin 2000 IU
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Celpoietin 2000 IU
- This injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse.
- Do not self-inject this medicine. Follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Celpoietin 2000 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Celpoietin Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Celpoietin 2000 IU
- Store in a refrigerator (2°C - 8°C). Do not freeze.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.