Cefakind Cv 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Cefakind-CV 500 tablet is an antibiotic medicine and is used to treat various bacterial infections like infections of the urinary tract, respiratory tract and sexually transmitted diseases. It contains cefuroxime and clavulanic acid as its active components. Cefuroxime is a cephalosporin antibiotic that acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria. Clavulanic acid acts by inhibiting the enzyme made by bacteria; this will help cefuroxime to function optimally. Cefakind-CV 500 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed. You can take this medicine with or without food, but at the same time daily for a better outcome. Do not stop taking this medicine even if you start feeling better after starting the treatment with Cefakind cv 500.
|You Save||₹71.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cefuroxime(500.0 Mg) + Potassium Clavulanate(Clavulanic Acid)(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting|
Uses of CEFAKIND CV 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Contraindications of CEFAKIND CV 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of the Cefakind-CV 500 tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergy to any other antibiotics like penicillins.
Side effects of CEFAKIND CV 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of CEFAKIND CV 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of an allergy to any antibiotic like cephalosporins, penicillins.
- You are already taking water pills, as it can affect kidney functions.
- You have a history of pain and swelling in the inner lining of the intestine.
Directions for Use of CEFAKIND CV 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Cefakind cv 500 should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or after food.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of CEFAKIND CV 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Store the Cefakind-CV 500 tablets at room temperature, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of CEFAKIND CV 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Cefakind-CV 500 tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections in the body of the urinary tract, respiratory tract and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Take this capsule in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
- Complete the entire course of treatment with this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not miss any dose and do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding before starting the Cefakind CV capsule.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, and indigestion can be seen as side effects of this medicine, inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve over time.
- Inform your doctor if you have an allergy to this medicine or penicillin antibiotics.
Dosage of CEFAKIND CV 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Symptoms of an overdose include brain damage, fits or coma. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail the therapy.
- If you have missed any dose of the Cefakind-CV 500 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of CEFAKIND CV 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
Interactions of CEFAKIND CV 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Cefakind-CV 500 tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations....
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions are seen with these two components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination....
- Oral contraceptives. antacids and medicines used in the treatment of gout, such as Probenecid, should be used cautiously.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with the Cefakind-CV 500 tablet?
Q: For how long do I need to take the Cefakind-CV 500 tablet?
Q: Is Cefakind-CV 500 an antibiotic?
Q: What is the composition of Cefakind Cv?
Q: Can I take Cefakind Cv 500 for covid-19?
Q: How to take Cefakind CV 500?
Q: What are the side effects of Cefakind CV 500?
- CDSCO - Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid Formulations,[Internet]. Clavproducts.com. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Cefuroxime 250mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]