Cefadrox 500mg Tablet
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefadrox tablet is a cephalosporin antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, throat, lungs, soft tissue, and urinary tract. It contains cefadroxil as the active component. This medicine should be used for the exact dose and duration that it is prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding. Do not use this medicine on your own....
|You Save||₹8.14 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Cephadroxil / Cefadroxil(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, indigestion|
Check more medicines with composition as Cephadroxil / Cefadroxil(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Cefadrox 500 MG
Cefadrox tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the urinary tract, throat, lungs, skin, and soft tissue.
Contraindications of Cefadrox 500 MG
- If you are allergic to cefadroxil or any other ingredient of Cefadrox tablet.
- If you are allergic to beta-lactam antibiotics like penicillin and cephalosporins. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
Side effects of Cefadrox 500 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cefadrox 500 MG
Can I take Cefadrox tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult the doctor before using Cefadrox tablet during pregnancy as there is limited information about the effect of this medicine on pregnant women. The doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential.
Can I take Cefadrox tablet while breastfeeding?
- Cefadrox tablet may pass into human breast milk. This medicine should be used in breastfeeding women only if recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cefadrox tablet?
Cefadrox tablet may cause dizziness and drowsiness. If you experience any such symptoms which may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Cefadrox tablet?
There is limited information available regarding the interaction of alcohol with Cefadrox tablet. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Cefadrox tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Cefadrox tablet.
- You have or had an allergic reaction to cephalosporins or penicillins.
- You have problems with the kidney or intestines.
- You develop fever and feel weak.
- You develop persistent diarrhoea during treatment with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Cefadrox 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Cefadrox tablet binds to certain proteins called penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) and prevents the formation of the bacterial cell wall. This results in the death of infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cefadrox 500 MG
- Take Cefadrox tablet as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water, after food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Cefadrox 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefadrox tablet works, or Cefadrox tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking blood thinner medicines, other antibiotics, or medicines to treat heart problems and gout.
Storage and disposal of Cefadrox 500 MG
- Store Cefadrox tablet below 30°C in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from children and pets..
Dosage of Cefadrox 500 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of Cefadrox tablet may include difficulty in breathing, dizziness, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, skin eruptions, diarrhoea, cramps, altered consciousness, and muscle contractions. If you think you have taken too much Cefadrox tablet, visit the hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of Cefadrox tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Cefadrox tablet if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking Cefadrox tablet without completing the full course. You may feel better after taking a few doses, it is essential to finish the course as not all bacteria are killed with a few treatments. Stopping the medication makes the infection harder to treat.
Q: What precautions should I take while taking Cefadrox tablet?
- Watch for persistent diarrhoea, blood in urine, repeated infections, weakness. Seek medical help if you experience the symptoms.
- The antibiotic is only for severe infections not controlled by other antibiotics, do not take Cefadrox tablet on your own.
- The medicine is not meant for viral or fungal infections. It acts against bacteria.
Q: When should I take Cefadrox tablet?
A: Take Cefadrox tablet after food or along with food as it reduces the chances of side effects associated with the stomach and digestion.
Q: Can I take Cefadrox tablet for the common cold and cough?
A: No, Cefadrox tablet should not be taken for the common cold and cough as it will not be effective. It is a viral infection that causes the common cold and cough while Cefadrox tablet treats bacterial infections. Please consult the doctor for another effective alternative.
Q: What is the composition of Cefadrox tablet?
A: Cefadrox tablet composition includes cefadroxil which is an antibiotic.
Q: Does Cefadrox tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Antibiotics sometimes can affect the normal bacterial flora of the colon along with acting on harmful bacteria. Some of these good bacteria play an important role in digestion and absorption and affecting them can alter these processes. This is why you experience diarrhoea with antibiotic treatment.
Q: What is Cefadrox tablet used for?
A: Cefadrox tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the urinary tract, throat, lungs, skin, and soft tissue.
Q: Are Cefadrox tablet and cefadroxil the same?
A: Yes, Cefadrox tablet contains cefadroxil as the active component, which is an antibiotic.
- Androxyl Capsule [Internet]. Npra.gov.my. 2022 [cited 2022 Apr 05]
- Cefadroxil Mylan [Internet]. Docetp.mpa.se. 2022 [cited 2022 Apr 05]
- CEFADROXIL - Cefadroxil Capsules USP (as cefadroxil monohydrate) 500 mg [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2022 [cited 2022 Apr 05]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Apr 05]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.