Cefadrox 500mg Tablet
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
2 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefadrox 500mg tablet contains Cefadroxil which is a higher antibiotic. This tablet is used to treat various severe bacterial infections like that of skin, throat and urinary tract. This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from kidney diseases due to an increased risk of severe adverse effects. Your doctor may suggest you regular kidney function tests or closely monitor your kidney functions. As this medicine imbalances the normal microflora in the digestive system you are prone to get diarrhoea, please inform your doctor if you suffer from severe diarrhoea on taking this medicine. You may experience nausea, vomiting, indigestion, stomach ache and diarrhoea on taking this medicine.
Uses of Cefadrox 500mg Tablet
- Infection of the urinary tract.
- Infection of the throat.
- Lung infections (including pneumonia).
- Infection of the skin.
- It is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, urinary system, lungs, throat and soft tissue.
Contraindications of Cefadrox 500mg Tablet
- If you have any allergic reactions to Cefadroxil or other Cephalosporin antibiotics or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to Penicillin.
Side effects of Cefadrox 500mg Tablet
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, indigestion
- Allergic reactions (skin rash or itching)
Precautions and Warnings of Cefadrox 500mg Tablet
Can I take the Cefadrox 500mg tablet during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the foetus is not known. Do not take this medication if you're pregnant.
Can I take the Cefadrox 500mg tablet while breastfeeding?
- A low quantity of this medicine passes into the breastmilk. However, it is not expected to cause any harm to the newborn baby.
- If your baby develops thrush, rash or diarrhoea then breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Cefadrox 500mg tablet?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive a vehicle or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Cefadrox 500mg tablet?
Not much information is available on the interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop fever, weakness and this medicine is known to cause a decrease in white blood cells, hence you may experience repeated infections, visit your doctor to get your white blood cell count tested.read less
- You develop difficulty in breathing, swelling on your face, chest tightness, rashes, immediately visit the hospital as this is a serious side effect and can be life-threatening.
- You notice blood in your urine or back pain.
- You have an allergy to Penicillins.
- You experience weakness, loss of appetite as these could be due to decreased red cell count.
Mode of Action of Cefadrox 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- It works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis.
- The absence of a bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cefadrox 500mg Tablet
- Swallow the capsule as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cefadrox 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like Gentamicin, Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim, Chloramphenicol, Polymyxin B, Vancomycin, Colistin.
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid).
- Medicines used to treat blood pressure (water pills/ Diuretics like Furosemide).
- Medicines used to thin the blood like Warfarin.
Interactions with food items
This medicine should be taken after food. Taking this medicine with food may reduce the side effects associated with the stomach.
Storage and disposal of Cefadrox 500mg Tablet
- Keep Cefadrox 500mg tablet in the original packaging to protect it from light.
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Dispose of the tablet if it has passed its expiry date.
Dosage of Cefadrox 500mg Tablet
- An overdose can result in difficulty in breathing, dizziness, low blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, nausea, vomiting, skin eruptions, diarrhoea, cramps, altered consciousness, muscle contractions or a coma.read less
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have used too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as early as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop this medication if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking this medicine without completing the full course. Though you may be feeling better after a few doses, it is essential to finish the course as not all bacteria are killed with a few treatments. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
Q: Do I need to be cautious about anything while taking this medicine?
- Watch for persistent diarrhoea, blood in urine, repeated infections, weakness. Seek medical help if you experience these symptoms.
- This antibiotic is only for severe infections not controlled by other antibiotics, do not take this medicine on your own.
- This medicine is also not meant for viral or fungal infections. It acts only against bacteria.
Q: When should I take this medicine?
- Take this medicine preferably after food or along with food as this reduces the chances of side effects associated with the stomach and digestion.
Q: Can I take the Cefadrox 500 mg Tablet for the common cold and cough?
- No, as it will not be effective against the common cold and cough. It is usually a viral infection that causes common cold and cough while this tablet treats bacterial infections. Please consult your doctor for another effective alternative.read less
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 02 Apr 2021 | 09:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved