Cascef 500mg Tab
By CASCA REMEDIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefuroxime Axetil is a higher antibiotic used for severe infections.
Uses of Cascef 500mg Tab
- Severe infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears
- Respiratory tract infections (bronchitis)
- Infection of urinary tract
- Infections of skin, soft tissue
Contraindications of Cascef 500mg Tab
- If you are allergic to Cefuroxime Axetil or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems or other Beta-Lactam antibiotic
Side effects of Cascef 500mg Tab
- Headache, dizziness
- Increased chances of fungal infections
- Stomach pain
- Raised liver enzyme or white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Cascef 500mg Tab
Can I take Cascef 500mg Tab during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not known. Do not start this medication if you are pregnant.
Can I take Cascef 500mg Tab while breastfeeding?
- Cefuroxime Axetil passes into breast milk in small quantities
- Perceive if prescribed by your physician
- Watch for diarrhea in the breastfed baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Cascef 500mg Tab?
It may cause dizziness. Hence caution is advised during driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Cascef 500mg Tab?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Cefuroxime Axetil.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience continuous diarrhea. Immediately stop taking it and report to the hospital
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of face or mouth after taking this medicine
- You develop rash with blisters and peeling of skin
- You have kidney disease
- You develop white patches in your mouth
Mode of Action of Cascef 500mg Tab
How Does It Work?
- It works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis
- Absence of bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria
Directions for Use of Cascef 500mg Tab
- Swallow tablet/ capsule whole with a glass of water
- The medicine should not be crushed
Interactions of Cascef 500mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take this medicine with your acidity medicines
- It can cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use a barrier method of contraception (such as condoms)...Read more
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid)
- Medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin)
Interactions with food items
Cefuroxime Axetil should be taken after a meal for better results.
Storage and disposal of Cascef 500mg Tab
Store Cefuroxime Axetil in a cool and dry place, to protect it from light.
Dosage of Cascef 500mg Tab
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken an overdose of this medicine
- Overdose symptoms may include damage to the brain, fits
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am allergic to Amoxicillin, can I take this medicine?
- No, if you have an allergy to Amoxicillin, never take this medicine as it can result in very severe allergic reaction
- Always inform your doctor about your allergies
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine before prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved