Cansoft Cl Vag Suppos
By SUN PHARMA
3 Vaginal Suppository(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository is used to treat bacterial, fungal and parasitic vaginal infections associated with vaginal discharge. Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository contains a combination of clindamyc
in and clotrimazole as active ingredient. It works by stopping the growth of micro-organisms that causes infection, thus preventing the spread of the infection. This medicine is meant only for vaginal use only. This medicine should be used only by women. Apply this medicine appropriately into the vagina or as instructed by your doctor. You should always complete the entire course of treatment with this medicine. Seek medical advice before using Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository during pregnancy and breastfeeding....
Uses of Cansoft Cl Vag Suppos
Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository is used for the treatment of different types of vaginal infections related to vaginal discharge. Vaginal discharge may be due to fungal, bacterial or parasitic infection
or a mixture of them....
Contraindications of Cansoft Cl Vag Suppos
- If you are allergic to clindamycin, clotrimazole or any other ingredients of Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository.
- If you have experienced diarrhoea with blood in stools, severe stomach pain and cramps after using an antibiotic or which are seen in some diseases of the intestines.
Side effects of Cansoft Cl Vag Suppos
- Burning sensation, irritation in the vagina
- Pain while passing urine
Precautions and Warnings of Cansoft Cl Vag Suppos
Can I use Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository during pregnancy?
Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository should only be used during pregnancy if prescribed by your doctor, as there is limited safety information available. Your doctor will only prescribe this medicine if it is considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks. Also, ensure not to use an applicator when you are pregnant.
Can I use Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository while breastfeeding?
Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository should be avoided while breastfeeding, as it passes into breast milk and may be harmful to the baby. Consult a doctor for other safer alternatives.
Can I drive if I have used Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository?
There is limited information about the effects of Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository on driving.
Can I consume alcohol if I have used Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository?
There is no data regarding the interactions between Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository and alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository.
- You may experience mild irritation and burning sensation in the vagina while inserting the suppository, please contact your doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not go away.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using this medicine for 3 days.
- Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository is meant only for vaginal use and should not be consumed.
- You are advised to avoid intercourse even with condoms or vaginal diaphragms as the medicine can make them less effective.
- You should also not use tampons, vaginal douches or other vaginal products while using this medicine.
- You should preferably use cotton underwear.
- Dry the area around the vagina after a bath and change damp clothing at the earliest. Wipe the area dry from front to back after visiting the toilet. Avoid scratching the area around the vagina.
- If your partner has itching, redness or discomfort in the private parts, he should visit a doctor and inform about your treatment as well.
- Do not use Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository for any other conditions than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop using this medicine without completing the treatment.
- If this medicine is accidentally consumed, visit your doctor immediately or if it comes in contact with your eye, rinse thoroughly with cool water.
Mode of Action of Cansoft Cl Vag Suppos
How Does It Work?
- Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository works by the combined action of both its components - Clindamycin and Clotrimazole.
- Clindamycin is an antibiotic that works by attaching to the genetic material of bacteria, thus preventing the production of substances required for their growth, it controls their spread.
- Clotrimazole is an antifungal agent which works by attaching to the covering of the fungus cells. It destroys the covering and makes it porous. This slows the growth of the fungus and eventually killsit....Read more
Directions for Use of Cansoft Cl Vag Suppos
- Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository is meant for vaginal use only.
- Use it as directed by the doctor.
- Read and follow the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wash thoroughly and dry your hands and vaginal area.
- Remove the wrapper, lie down and insert the suppository as mentioned in the label or leaflet.
- Do not use it more than that recommended by the doctor.
Interactions of Cansoft Cl Vag Suppos
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Other medicines like Atracurium, Vecuronium which are used to relax muscles before surgery, should be used with caution with Candid-CL gel as the duration of muscle relaxation may be increased.
Storage and disposal of Cansoft Cl Vag Suppos
- Store Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cansoft Cl Vag Suppos
If you think you have applied too much of Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose
of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository?
A: Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository is used for the treatment of different types of vaginal infections related to vaginal discharge. Vaginal discharge may be due to fungal, bacterial or parasitic infection or a mixture of them.
Q: Can I stop using Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository on my own if I feel my symptoms have gone away?
A: No, you should not stop using Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository until it is advised by your doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop using it before completing the treatment your symptoms may return and your condition may also worsen.
Q: Can I use Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository for any white discharge?
A: No, you should visit a gynaecologist who will confirm if you have an infection or not after careful examination. Your gynaecologist may then prescribe you Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository or any other appropriate medicine based on your infection and general health.
Q: Can one have intercourse while using Cansoft-CL Vaginal suppository?
A: You are advised not to have intercourse till the duration of the treatment ends and until your gynaecologist approves it, as your partner may get the infection. Intercourse with protection is also not advisable as the tablet may react with the material of protection and break it, thus wasting its purpose.
Last Updated on: 19 Aug 2021 | 05:38 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved