Candid B Cream 5gm
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
5g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Candid B Cream 5gm Description
Candid B Cream is an anti-fungal medicine. It is used to treat skin infections that are caused due to fungi such as ringworm, fungal infections between the toes, etc. Candid B is a combination medici
ne containing beclomethasone and clotrimazole. This Cream is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
|You Save||₹3.18 (6% on MRP)|
|Contains||Beclometasone(0.025 %) + Clotrimazole(1.0 %)|
|Uses||Fungal skin infections|
|Side effects||Application site reactions|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTI-FUNGAL AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Beclometasone(0.025 %) + Clotrimazole(1.0 %)
5 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Candid B Cream 5gm
- Certosure Tube Of 20gm CreamBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd20g Cream in TubeMRP 69.00₹ 55.2072.29% CHEAPER₹ 2.76/Gram
- Clocip B Cream 10gmBy Cipla Gx10g Cream in TubeMRP 52.50₹ 42.0057.83% CHEAPER₹ 4.2/Gram
- Zydip C CreamBy Klm Laboratories Pvt Ltd20g Cream in TubeMRP 125.00₹ 106.2546.69% CHEAPER₹ 5.31/Gram
- Triben B Cream 20gmBy Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals20g Cream in TubeMRP 129.50₹ 110.0744.78% CHEAPER₹ 5.5/Gram
- Clotrin B CreamBy Nulife Pharmaceuticals10g Cream in TubeMRP 145.00₹ 123.25₹ 12.33/Gram
Uses of Candid B Cream 5gm
Candid B Cream is used to treat fungal skin infections.
Contraindications of Candid B Cream 5gm
- If you are allergic to beclomethasone, clotrimazole or any of the ingredients of Candid B Cream.
- If you have a history of any other corticosteroids or imidazoles.
Side effects of Candid B Cream 5gm
Application site reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Candid B Cream 5gm
Can I use Candid B Cream during pregnancy?
Candid B Cream should be used during pregnancy, only if prescribed by your doctor. If prescribed, avoid using in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I use Candid B Cream while breastfeeding?
Candid B Cream should be used while breastfeeding only when prescribed by the doctor. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of the breastfeeding mother, as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Candid B Cream?
Candid B Cream is a topical medicine and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Candid B Cream?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Candid B Cream. However, avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any skin reactions or allergic reactions after applying Candid B Cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You are using this medicine for over two weeks, as prolonged use of this medicine can cause symptoms like fever, shaking, chills, headache, diarrhoea, depression, low blood pressure, etc.
- Do not use this Cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not apply this medicine for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- Candid B Cream is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Candid B Cream 5gm
How Does It Work?
- Beclomethasone is a steroid that acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substances, i.e. prostaglandins, which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Clotrimazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component, which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus, causing infection.
Directions for Use of Candid B Cream 5gm
- Candid B Cream should be used as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Clean and dry the affected area well.
- Apply the Cream on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this Cream, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Candid B Cream 5gm
Interactions with other medicines
- As Candid B Cream is meant for external use, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Medicines like mifepristone, adesleukin, ritonavir should be used with caution with this Cream.
Storage and disposal of Candid B Cream 5gm
- Store Candid B Cream in a cool and dry place.
- Do not freeze it.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Candid B Cream 5gm
As Candid B Cream is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it, then wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the application of Candid B Cream, then apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Candid B Cream work?
A: Candid B Cream works by blocking the synthesis of natural substances i.e. prostaglandins (which is responsible for itching, swelling, redness) and also inhibits the growth of fungus, which is responsible for infections.
Q: Can Candid B Cream be used for ringworm infection?
A: Yes, Candid B Cream can be used to treat ringworm infection. But it should only be used after consulting a doctor. Do not self-medicate.
- Canison B Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Clenil Modulite 250 micrograms inhaler (with Dose Indicator) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Clotrimazole Cream 1% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- CANDID RENEW CALAMINE ANTI FUNGAL POWDER BOTTLE OF 500 G (PACK OF 2 X 250G)
- CANDID ACTIV ANTIPERSPIRANT POWDER BOTTLE OF 200 G (PACK OF 2X100G)
- CANDID ACTIV ANTIPERSPIRANT POWDER 250G (PACK OF 2)
- CANDID DUSTING POWDER - 120 GM
- CANDID CREAM 50GM
- CANDID DUSTING POWDER - 250 GM
- CANDID DUSTING POWDER - 60 GM
- CANDID B CREAM 20GM
- CANDID GOLD 1% ANTI FUNGAL CREAM TUBE OF 50 G
- CANDID GOLD POWDER 100GM
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed