Candex B Lotion 15ml
Candex B Lotion 15ml Description
Candex B lotion is a medication with a combination of an antifungal and steroid. Treating various skin infections caused due to fungus is the main use of Candex B lotion. Some of the fungal skin infe
ctions include such as fungal infections on the foot and between the toes (tinea pedis or athlete's foot) and infections on the skin of the groin (tinea cruris or jock itch), and infection or ringworm on the body (tinea corporis). This lotion consists of Beclomethasone and Clotrimazole as its main ingredients. The mode of action of Candex B lotion is to prevent the growth and multiplication of the fungi by destroying its cell wall, which results in reducing the severity and spread of the infection. This medicine also reduces the symptoms of infection, such as intense itching, swollen, red, and itchy skin. This lotion has a broad spectrum of activity and can work against various types of fungi. Try to follow the doctor’s directions for using the Candex B lotion. The dosage and duration of this lotion will be advised by the doctor. Try to avoid direct contact with this lotion to the eye, nose, ears, and mouth. Occasionally the patient may experience itching, burning sensation, irritation, and swelling, at the site of application, along with other side effects of Candex B lotion. Do not cover the site of application with a cloth or a bandage unless advised by the doctor.
|Contains||Beclometasone(0.025 %) + Clotrimazole(1.0 %)|
|Uses||fungal infections like tinea corporis (ringworm), tinea cruris (jock itch), tinea pedis (athlete's foot), tinea versicolor, yeast infections of the skin|
|Side effects||burning sensation, itching, irritation, redness, swelling, flakiness, dryness|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTI-FUNGAL AND STEROID|
- Simbiotic B LotionBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd25ml Lotion in BottleMRP 75.00₹ 63.7531.82% CHEAPER₹ 2.55/Ml
Uses of Candex B Lotion 15ml
- As per CDSCO, the Candex B lotion 15 ml is used to treat fungal infections caused by
- tinea corporis (ringworm; causes a red scaly rash on various parts of the body)
- tinea cruris (jock itch; infection of the skin in the groin and/or buttocks)
- tinea pedis (athlete's foot; infection of the skin on the feet and between the toes).
- tinea versicolor (infection of the skin that causes brown or light coloured spots on the chest, back, arms, legs, or neck)
- yeast infections of the skin
Contraindications of Candex B Lotion 15ml
- If you have a known hypersensitive reaction to Beclomethasone, Clotrimazole, or any other components of this lotion.
- If you are currently pregnant or breastfeeding, please inform your doctor before using Candex B lotion.
- If you are using Candex B lotion on a child without asking your doctor.
- If you notice having blurred vision or other visual disturbances after accidentally applying this lotion closer to the eyes, immediately wash your eyes and if it is getting worse, see a doctor.
- If you have a ruptured eardrum and use this inside the ear.
- If you have broken skin or any open wound on the site of application.
- If you want to cover up the treated area with a cloth or a bandage without consulting your doctor.
Side effects of Candex B Lotion 15ml
- The following side effects can occur at the site of application:
- Mild irritation
- Itching of the skin
- Dry skin
- Skin redness
- Burning sensation
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Candex B Lotion 15ml
Other General Warnings
- You have applied Candex B lotion directly to the eye. Repeated direct exposure to excess amounts of this medicine in the eyes may lead to glaucoma or cataract.
- You experience blurred vision or other vision disturbances.
- You experience any redness or swelling of the skin around the mouth and small, pus-filled bumps on the face after applying the Candex B lotion.
- You are around the fire, smoke or have a large area of burns on the skin. This lotion can increase the risk of severe burns.
Mode of Action of Candex B Lotion 15ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Candex B Lotion 15ml
- Apply the Candex B lotion 15 ml exactly in recommended dose and duration.
- You can use Candex B lotion 15 ml with or without eating food.
- Do not use more than the recommended amount of this lotion at one time without informing the doctor, as this can lead to an overdose.
- Apply this lotion on clean and dry skin after washing your hands.
- Check the expiration date before using Candex B lotion.
- Consult your doctor if you have to give it to a child younger than 12 years of age, so either different medication specific to them can be given, or the dose is adjusted.
- Close the lid of the tube immediately after use.
Interactions of Candex B Lotion 15ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Studies have suggested that this lotion may damage latex contraceptives, which can happen if this medicine is being used in the groin area. Consequently, the effectiveness of such contraceptives may be reduced. ...
- If you are using different topical or oral antifungal lotions such as econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole, tioconazole, terbinafine, and amorolfine, inform your doctor. The antifungal in Candex B lotion 15 ml may interact with them. ...
- Try to avoid using various topical skin products that can sensitise the skin and cause excess irritation, such as harsh soaps, hair removers, or waxes, etc., while using Candex B lotion. They can cause burning sensation, redness, swelling, itching, flaking, etc....
- While using Candex B lotion, do not use skin products that contain alcohol, spices, astringents, or lime in them.
- Avoid using other topical medications on the same areas you treat with Candex B lotion topical unless the doctor tells you to.
- If you are using some ayurvedic or herbal products for the treatment of skin infections, inform the doctor as they may interfere with the functioning of Candex B lotion.
Interactions with food items
- Candex B lotion 15 ml does not have any known serious food interactions. You can use this medicine before or after consuming food.
Storage and disposal of Candex B Lotion 15ml
Dosage of Candex B Lotion 15ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Candex B lotion 15 ml safe if I use it regularly?
Q: What should I do if the Candex B lotion 15 ml gets in my eyes? And, how long should I use Candex B lotion?
Q: Can I use Candex B lotion 15 ml with other skin lotions?
- Clotrimazole Cream 1% [Internet]. Clotrimazole Cream 1% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (EMC). [cited 30 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- Clotrimazole Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 30 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- Beclometasone skin creams [Internet]. NHS choices. NHS; [cited 30 Mar 2022]. Available from
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 30 Mar 2022]. Available from: