Calpol 500 Mg Tablet 500
500 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Calpol 500 tablet is a painkiller and is used to reduce fever and relieve pain. It contains paracetamol (also known as Acetaminophen) as its active ingredient. It works by inhibiting the action of certain substances that causes pain and acts on the brain center which is responsible for controlling body temperature. Use of Calpol 500 tablet for a prolonged period and in high doses is associated with serious liver damage. The chances of you experiencing any side effects with Calpol 500 tablet is mostly rare but sometimes you may experience skin rash or itching. If you experience any allergic symptoms after taking this medicine, then report to a doctor.
Uses of Calpol 500 Mg Tablet 500
Calpol 500 tablet is used to treat fever and pain.
Contraindications of Calpol 500 Mg Tablet 500
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Calpol 500 tablet.
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol.
Side effects of Calpol 500 Mg Tablet 500
On rare occasions, you may experience a skin rash, itching and blisters, an allergic reaction and blood-related problems. There is a risk of liver and kidney damage with paracetamol if used too frequently or for long-term treatment.
Precautions and Warnings of Calpol 500 Mg Tablet 500
Can I take Calpol 500 tablets during pregnancy?
Calpol 500 tablet can be used during pregnancy if advised by your doctor. Still, it should be used for a short duration in low doses and should not be used too frequently by pregnant women.
Can I take Calpol 500 tablets while breastfeeding?
Paracetamol passes into the breast milk in a very small amount and has negligible effects on the breastfed infants. Thus, Calpol 500 tablet can be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Calpol 500 tablet?
Calpol 500 tablet may not affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Calpol 500 tablet?
Moderate consumption of alcohol while on treatment with Calpol 500 tablet is usually safe. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems. It would be best if you avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are having an infection.
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- You are suffering from chronic malnutrition.
- You have a habit of regularly consuming alcohol in excess.
- Avoid using Calpol 500 if you are taking other medicines containing paracetamol. Taking too much paracetamol can cause liver damage.
Mode of Action of Calpol 500 Mg Tablet 500
How Does It Work?
Calpol 500 tablet works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the fever, swelling and sensation of pain. It also acts on the area of the brain which is responsible for controlling body temperature.
Directions for Use of Calpol 500 Mg Tablet 500
Swallow Calpol 500 mg tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the tablet.
Interactions of Calpol 500 Mg Tablet 500
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines such as metoclopramide or domperidone used to treat nausea or vomiting, a blood thinner such as warfarin and antibiotic such as chloramphenicol.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like cholestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Calpol 500 Mg Tablet 500
Store Calpol 500 tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Calpol 500 Mg Tablet 500
- Taking Calpol 500 tablet in high doses may lead to serious liver damage.
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any of the symptoms or feel you have consumed too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed a dose, then take it as soon as you remember.
- Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between this dose and the next dose.
- If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions that need to be taken while using Calpol 500 tablet?
A: Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems or alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage in case of overdose. Caution is needed for the elderly as well.
Q: Can Calpol 500 tablet be given to children?
A: No, Calpol 500 tablet is not meant for children below 12 years of age.
Q: My child, who is 3 years old, happened to consume 5 tablets of Calpol 500. What should I do?
A: Immediately take your child to the hospital. It may take some time before symptoms of overdose appear. The physician will evaluate with help of laboratory reports and examination to check if the baby's liver is doing fine.
Q: Can I take Calpol 500 for cold and fever?
A: You can take Calpol 500 tablet for controlling fever but it will not be useful for cold.
Q: What is Calpol 500 tablet used for?
A: Calpol 500 is used to relieve fever and mild-to-moderate pain. It is also used to get relief from headache, toothache, migraine, period pain and other painful conditions.
Q: Can Calpol 500 tablet be used in elders?
- Kidney and liver function in the elderly is not as optimum as in the young population.
- Caution is needed when giving Calpol 500 tablets to elderly with existing diseases. It should be used only after consulting your doctor.
- You should inform the doctor about all diseases the older person has (especially liver or kidney diseases). This will help the doctor decide the safe dose as per their age and kidney or liver function.read less
Q: How often can you take Calpol 500 tablet?
- It depends upon the condition. An adult with a healthy liver and kidney should not take this medicine more than four times a day and should always maintain a gap of 6 hours between two doses.
- If your fever or pain is relieved, stop taking it further. Avoid using it too frequently as it can lead to serious liver problems upon frequent and prolonged use.
- Do not increase the dose of this medicine if the pain or fever does not subside. It is important to find out the cause of fever or pain by consulting with a physician as this medicine will not treat the cause of fever, it only helps regulate temperature or provides pain relief.read less
Other Products from this Brand
- Calpol 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Calpol 650 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Calpol Paed 100 Mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15 Ml
- Calpol 250 Mg Susp 60 Ml
- Calpol Strawberry Flav 250 Mg Susp 60 Ml
- Calpol 120 Mg Suspension 60 Ml
- Calpol 120 Mg Strawberry Flavour Suspension 60 Ml
- Calpol 650 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Calpol 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Calpol 500 Mg Bottle Of 1000 Tablets
- Calpol 250 Mg Susp 120 Ml
- Calpol 1000 Mg Tablet
- Calpol 650 Mg Jar Of 750 Tablets
- Calpol 250 Strip Of 15 Tablets
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 10:36 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved