Bronkonat 100 MCG Description
Bronkonat Inhaler is used for the treatment of respiratory conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma characterized by breathing difficulty, coughing and whistling so
unds while breathing. Bronkonat Inhaler contains salbutamol as its active ingredient. COPD is a disorder where your lung is damaged and making the passage of air in the lungs becomes difficult. It is an anti-asthmatic medication. Rinse your mouth after 15 mins of using this inhaler, to maintain oral hygiene.
Uses of Bronkonat 100 MCG
Contraindications of Bronkonat 100 MCG
- If you are allergic to salbutamol or any other ingredients of the Bronkonat Inhaler 100 mcg inhaler.
- If you are at risk of threatened pregnancy or early labour.
Side effects of Bronkonat 100 MCG
- Feeling bit shaky
- Increased heart rate
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids
Precautions and Warnings of Bronkonat 100 MCG
Other General Warnings
- You have any pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes, thyroid, high blood pressure or heart disease.
- You are suffering from fungal, bacterial or viral infection in your lungs or airways.
- You have low levels of potassium in the blood.
- You need to use this inhaler more frequently than the frequency recommended by your doctor.
- You notice worsening symptoms after using this inhaler.
- You are on any other medications or supplements.
Mode of Action of Bronkonat 100 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Bronkonat 100 MCG
- Learn the proper technique of using this inhaler from your doctor, if possible use it in front of them for the first time so that they may check.
- The medicine is packed in the inhaler and you need to puff it through your mouth deep into your airways.
- There is a counter which subtracts 1 after each puff so that you may keep a track of your remaining dose. Never use your inhaler once the counter shows 000, it's time to dispose of and start with a new inhaler....
Interactions of Bronkonat 100 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of some blood pressure-lowering medicines (propranolol, atenolol, water pills) along with Bronkonat Inhaler should be done with caution.
- Medicines for mental disorders should be administered carefully.
- If any other medicine for asthma or xanthine medicines (theophylline, aminophylline) can disturb blood potassium levels.
- Some medicines can affect the way Bronkonat Inhaler works or Bronkonat Inhaler itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Bronkonat 100 MCG
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Bronkonat 100 MCG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I use Bronkonat Inhaler ?
- Stand or sit upright when using your inhaler. Remove the mouthpiece cover. Check inside and outside to make sure that the mouthpiece is clean and free of loose objects.
- Hold the inhaler upright with your thumb on the base, below the mouthpiece. Breathe out as far as is comfortable. Place the mouthpiece in your mouth between your teeth. Close your lips around it. Do not bite....
- Breathe in through your mouth slowly and deeply. Just after starting to breathe in, press firmly down on the top of the canister to release a puff of medicine. Do this while still breathing in steadily and deeply....
- Hold your breath, take the inhaler from your mouth and your finger from the top of the inhaler and continue holding your breath for a few seconds or as long as is comfortable.
- Wait for about half a minute between taking each puff of medicine and then repeat steps.
- Afterwards, rinse your mouth with water and spit it out and/or brush your teeth. This may help to stop you from getting throat irritation and becoming hoarse.
- After use always replace the mouthpiece cover straight away to keep out dust. When the mouthpiece cover is fitted correctly it will ‘click’ into position. If it does not ‘click’ into place, turn the mouthpiece cover the other way round and try again....
Q: Does Bronkonat Inhaler contain steroids?
- Easyhaler Salbutamol 100mcg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Easyhaler Salbutamol 100mcg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]