Betoact Eye Drops 5ml
Betoact 1.5 % Description
Betoact Eye drops contain bepotastine as an active ingredient and is useful in treating itching in the eyes, which is caused by conjunctivitis. You should avoid using this medicine if you are allergi
c to it. You should use Betoact eye drops as instructed by the doctor. Before using Betoact eye drops, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
Uses of Betoact 1.5 %
Contraindications of Betoact 1.5 %
Side effects of Betoact 1.5 %
- Mild taste after instillation
- Infection of the nose and throat
Precautions and Warnings of Betoact 1.5 %
Other General Warnings
- Your eyes may get red due to contact lenses, as this medicine should not be used to treat any irritation caused by contact lenses.
- If you experience irritation, pain, redness of the eye and vision changes occur or your condition worsens, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Contact lenses should be removed before each application and may be inserted after 15 minutes.
- Avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch the tip to the bottle or vial to any surface and avoid contact with the eye.
- Use the solution within one month after opening the container.
- If you accidentally ingest or swallow this medicine, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Betoact 1.5 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Betoact 1.5 %
- Betoact eye drop is meant for topical ophthalmic use only.
- Use these eye drops as advised by your doctor & do not miss any dose.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this medicine.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze after application.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- You should remove your contact lens before using the eye drops.
- Check for the color of the solution. Avoid using it if it has changed colour or has become cloudy.
Interactions of Betoact 1.5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines. Betoact Eye drops may affect the way other medicines work.
- You should always inform the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with Betoact Eye drops, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the instillation of two medicines.
Storage and disposal of Betoact 1.5 %
- Store Betoact eye drops at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use the eye drops once the expiry date has passed and discard them properly.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Betoact 1.5 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do I need to take any precautions during the treatment with Betoact eye drops?
- You should wash your hands properly before and after the use of Betoact eye drops.
- Heart patients should be more careful during the use of this medicine, as it can alter your heartbeat.
- The eye drops should be discarded after 4 weeks of the first opening.
- Try not to touch the dropper and should be kept out of the reach of children.