Betoact Eye Drops 5ml
By AJANTA PHARMA LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Betoact Eye Drops contains Bepotastine as an active ingredient. It is useful in treating itching in the eyes, which is caused by conjunctivitis. You should avoid using this medicine if you are allergic to it. You should use Betoact eye drops as instructed by the doctor. Before using Betoact eye drops, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
Uses of Betoact Eye Drops 5ml
Betoact Eye Drops is used to treat itching in the eyes caused by allergic conjunctivitis.
Contraindications of Betoact Eye Drops 5ml
If you are allergic to bepotastine or any of the ingredients of Betoact eye drops.
Side effects of Betoact Eye Drops 5ml
- Mild taste after instillation
- Infection of the nose and throat
Precautions and Warnings of Betoact Eye Drops 5ml
Can I use Betoact Eye Drops during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of Betoact eye drops in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I use Betoact Eye Drops while breastfeeding?
There is limited information on the use of Betoact eye drops while breastfeeding. You should not use this medicine during breastfeeding without a doctor's consultation, as it may pass into human breast milk.
Can I drive if I have used Betoact Eye Drops?
Betoact eye drops do not affect your ability to drive or use machinery; however, if you experience side effects like blurred vision, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol if I have used Betoact Eye Drops?
No information is available on interactions of Betoact eye drops when taken with alcohol. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your eyes may get red due to contact lenses, as this medicine should not be used to treat any irritation caused by contact lenses.
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eye, and changes in vision occur, or your condition worsens, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Contact lenses should be removed before each application and may be inserted after 15 minutes.
- Avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch the tip to the bottle or vial to any surface, and avoid contact with the eye.
- Discard open single-dose containers after use.
- If you accidentally ingest or swallow this medicine, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Betoact Eye Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a natural substance that is produced by cells in eyes that cause allergic reactions; Bepotastine in Betoact eye drops reduces this allergic reaction by preventing the effect of this histamine.
Directions for Use of Betoact Eye Drops 5ml
- Betoact eye drop is meant for topical ophthalmic use only.
- Use these eye drops as advised by your doctor & do not miss any dose.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this medicine.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze after application.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper, and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- You should remove your contact lens before using the eye drops.
- Check for the colour of the solution. Avoid using if it has changed colour or has become cloudy.
Interactions of Betoact Eye Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines. Betoact Eye Drops may affect the way other medicines work.
- You should always inform the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation, and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Betoact Eye Drops 5ml
- Store Betoact eye drops at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use the eye drops once the expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Betoact Eye Drops 5ml
- If you think you have applied too many drops of Betoact in your eyes, wash off your eyes immediately.
- And if you experience any symptoms or upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Betoact eye drops, instil the drops as soon as you remember if the next instillation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next installation, skip the missed dose and instil the drops as the dose is planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take during the treatment with Betoact eye drops?
- You should wash your hands properly before and after the use of Betoact eye drops.
- Heart patients should be more careful during the use of this medicine, as it can alter your heartbeat.
- The eye drops should be discarded after 4 weeks of the first opening.
- Try not to touch the dropper, and should be kept out of the reach of children.
Q: Can Betoact eye drops be used with contact lenses?
A: No, it is advisable to remove contact lenses and then instil the Betoact eye drops. You can use the lenses 15 mins after instilling the drops.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 06:22 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved