Betnovate S Oint 20gm
Betnovate S Oint 20gm Description
Betnovate-S ointment is a combination medicine containing Betamethasone and Salicylic acid. Betnovate-S cream is used for the treatment of skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and other dry, sca
ly conditions of the skin. Betametasone works by decreasing swelling, redness and itchiness at the site of application by blocking chemicals responsible for swelling, redness and itchiness. Salicylic acid works by removing and shedding dead cells from the top layer of skin by increasing skin moisture resulting in a decrease in scaling and dryness. Itching, burning sensation, pain, irritation, dryness or unwanted scaling at the site of application are side effects of using this medicine.
|You Save||₹5.99 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Salicyclic Acid(3.0 %) + Betamethasone(0.1 %)|
Uses of Betnovate S Oint 20gm
Contraindications of Betnovate S Oint 20gm
- If you are allergic to Betamethasone, Salicylic acid or any other ingredients of Betnovate-S ointment.
- If you have a skin condition called rosacea, acne vulgaris.
- If you have itching of skin without scaling of the skin.
- If you have itching over the genital area and around the anal area.
- If you have a skin infection over the area around the mouth.
- If you have a viral infection of the skin such as chickenpox infection or herpes infection.
- If you have a fungal or bacterial infection of the skin.
- If you are using this medicine for the treatment of skin ulcers.
- Betnovate-S Ointment should not be used in children less than 1 year of age.
Side effects of Betnovate S Oint 20gm
Precautions and Warnings of Betnovate S Oint 20gm
Other General Warnings
- You are using this medicine for longer duration on larger area of body.
- You are using this medicine on face.
- You are using this medicine on abraded skin.
- You have vision problem after using this medicine.
- Your skin infection is spreading after using this medicine.
Mode of Action of Betnovate S Oint 20gm
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Betnovate S Oint 20gm
- Use Betnovate-S ointment as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only, apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Betnovate S Oint 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Betnovate-S Ointment is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Some medicines may interfere with Betnovate-S such as Ritonavir (a medicine for the treatment of HIV) and Itraconazole (a medicine for the treatment of fungal infections).
Storage and disposal of Betnovate S Oint 20gm
- Store Betnovate-S Ointment at a temperature not above 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not freeze.