Becotrol Strip Of 10 Capsules
Becotrol Capsule is a combination medicine that is used in the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis and other nutritional deficiencies, mostly in people above 50 years of age. It is also used in postmenopausal women to prevent osteoporosis.
Becotrol Capsule contains a combination of folic acid, methylcobalamin, pyridoxine, calcium and vitamin D3 as active ingredients. Vitamin D diminishes with age due to decreased dietary intake or sun exposure. While taking this medicine, try to incorporate food that is rich in vitamin D and calcium.
Exposure to sunlight is also essential for the synthesis of vitamin D in the body. Calbona Capsule and Reposit Capsule also contain folic acid, methylcobalamin, pyridoxine, calcium and vitamin D3 as their active ingredients.
|₹32.90 (14% on MRP)
|Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(0.25 Mcg) + Vitamin B6 / Pyridoxine(3.0 Mg) + Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(1.5 Mg) + Elemental Calcium(200.0 Mg) + Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(1.5 Mg)
|Osteoporosis or nutritional deficiency
|Nausea, vomiting, constipation, stomach pain
|CALCIUM AND VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION
Uses of BECOTROL STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- It is used for the treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency.
- For the treatment of osteoporosis or bone-related disorders.
- In special populations like the elderly, pregnant and breastfeeding who need Vitamin D and Calcium supplements.
Contraindications of BECOTROL STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- If you are allergic to any components of the Becotrol Capsule.
- If you are suffering from malabsorption syndrome and increased levels of any of its constituents in the body.
- If you have a history of any kind of heart disorder like myocardial infarction.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of BECOTROL STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Stomach discomfort
- Eating disorder or loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of BECOTROL STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Other General Warnings
- You have too much vitamin D and calcium in the blood.
- You are allergic to any of the components of Becotrol Capsule.
- You already take any other medicine, to avoid any drug interaction.
- You have thyroid and kidney problems. The doctor might suggest monitoring calcium and vitamin D levels during the treatment.
Directions for Use of BECOTROL STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Becotrol Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of BECOTROL STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Store Becotrol Capsule in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of sight and reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of BECOTROL STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Becotrol Capsule is a multivitamin and mineral supplement. It contains essential vitamins and minerals to support overall health.
- Follow the recommended dosage provided by your healthcare professional. Take the capsule with a meal or as directed on the packaging.
- If you experience any side effects, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
- Becotrol capsule is not a substitute for a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
- Consult with your doctor before starting any new supplement regimen, especially if you have any underlying medical conditions or are taking other medications.
Dosage of BECOTROL STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of BECOTROL STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
How Does It Work?
- Becotrol Capsule works by the combined action of its three active components-
- Calcium is one of the most profuse minerals in the body which is essential for critical metabolic functions. Most prominently, it is required for building and maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It plays a crucial role in nerve transmission, muscle function, cellular signalling and hormone secretion....
- Vitamin D3 plays a very crucial role in the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine, which is critical for the formation, growth and regeneration of bones. It supports healthy bones and teeth. It also plays a role in cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function and reduction of inflammation....
- Vitamin B9, also known as Folic Acid, is one of the important vitamins which play a significant role in DNA and the synthesis of amino acids. It is crucial for cell division and the development of blood cells....
- Vitamin B12 or methylcobalamin is essential for the functioning of the brain and nerves for the production of red blood cells and DNA synthesis. It also plays a major role in protein and fat metabolism, fertility and hormone functioning. The deficiency of vitamin B12 can cause neurological problems....
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine is a crucial component for various reactions and acts as a coenzyme in the body. Adequate supply is a must for proper nerve function and bone formation & regeneration.
Interactions of BECOTROL STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Interactions with other medicines
- Becotrol Capsule may interact with other medicines and create an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- In particular, if you are taking antifungal medications, antibiotics, anti-Hiv medicines or heart-related medicines. Avoid concomitant use of these medications along with it.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution and require regular monitoring include anti-hypertensive medicines, medicines for irregular heart rhythm, anti-diabetics, anti-epileptic, anti-gout medicines, anti-malarial medicines, thyroid medicines, anti-cancer medicines or immunosuppressants etc....