Bactrim Ds Strip Of 10 Tablets
Bactrim Ds Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Bactrim DS tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat various bacterial infections like ear, lung, airway, throat, urinary tract, skin infections, etc. It contains a combination of trimeth
oprim and sulfamethoxazole as its active ingredients. This medicine acts by limiting the spread of infection by preventing the growth of bacteria. Bactrim DS tablet is not recommended for use in pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, and children below 12 years of age. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by the doctor. Do not miss any doses or stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the entire course of antibiotics to prevent the recurrence of infection. It is advised to take Bactrim DS tablet with or after meals. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Septran Ds 800/160mg Tablet 10'sBy Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 25.20₹ 22.18₹ 2.22/Tablet
Uses of Bactrim Ds Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Bactrim Ds Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to trimethoprim, sulfamethoxazole or any other ingredients of Bactrim DS tablet.
- If you are suffering from any severe liver or kidney problems.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are suffering from any blood disorders (like anaemia, etc.).
Side effects of Bactrim Ds Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Bactrim Ds Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from severe allergies or asthma.
- You have problems related to your kidneys.
- You have a folic acid deficiency.
- You are malnourished or underweight.
- You are above 60 years of age.
- You are taking potassium supplements.
- You have a rare disorder called porphyria.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You are suffering from any blood disorder. Your doctor may ask you to do regular blood tests if you need long-term treatment or are prone to anaemia.
Mode of Action of Bactrim Ds Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Bactrim DS tablet works by the combined effects of both its components - trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole.
- Both are antibiotics and together work by inhibiting the synthesis of essential constituents required for the survival of bacteria and this results in the killing of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Bactrim Ds Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Bactrim DS tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or after having your meals.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Bactrim Ds Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Bactrim DS tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Bactrim DS tablets may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of the Bactrim DS tablet along with ciclosporin used for rheumatoid arthritis may cause kidney problems.
- Medicines like procainamide used for irregular heartbeats when taken with this medicine can interfere with the action of this tablet.
- Concomitant use along with blood thinners like warfarin, coumarins may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Using medicines like azathioprine and mercaptopurine used for rheumatoid arthritis with this medicine can affect the bone marrow and blood cells.
- Bactrim DS tablet can enhance the effect of some antidiabetic medications such as repaglinide, decreasing your blood sugar levels abruptly.
Storage and disposal of Bactrim Ds Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Bactrim DS tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Bactrim Ds Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I discontinue Bactrim DS tablet if I am feeling perfectly fine?
- No, Bactrim DS tablet is an antibiotic and has to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor.
- If you stop taking this medicine in between before completing the course of treatment, your symptoms may reoccur.
- To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.
Q: Can Bactrim DS tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: Does Bactrim DS tablet cause addiction?
Q: Can I take the Bactrim DS tablet for urinary tract infections?
Q: Can I take the Bactrim DS tablet for pimples?
Q: Is Bactrim DS a stronger antibiotic?
Q: What is Bactrim DS tablet used for?
Q: What are the side effects of Bactrim DS tablet?
- Co-Trimoxazole 800mg/160mg Forte Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Co-Trimoxazole 800mg/160mg Forte Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]1]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]