Bactoclav Ds 457mg Syrup 30ml
Bactoclav Ds 457mg Syrup 30ml Description
Bactoclav DS 457 Dry Syrup contains a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. It belongs to a class of penicillin antibiotics. It is useful in treating infections of the respiratory tract, ea
r, nose, urinary tract infections and bone and joint-related infections. Take this medicine in dosage as prescribed by your doctor. Do not abruptly stop taking the syrup as it may increase the risk of re-infection. You may experience nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting on taking this medicine. These side-effects are usually mild and manageable. Please consult your doctor if you experience any other side effects than these. Also, please inform your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine.
|₹19.46 (14% on MRP)
|Clavulanic Acid(57.0 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(400.0 Mg)
|Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
Uses of Bactoclav Ds 457mg Syrup 30ml
Contraindications of Bactoclav Ds 457mg Syrup 30ml
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Bactoclav DS 457 Dry Syrup
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before
Side effects of Bactoclav Ds 457mg Syrup 30ml
- Infection of skin and nails (mucocutaneous candidiasis)
- Difficulty in the digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation (pruritis, urticaria)
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Bactoclav Ds 457mg Syrup 30ml
Other General Warnings
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins
- You are an elderly patient
- You have liver problems
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands
- You are taking oral birth control pills, as this medicine can reduce the efficacy of those tablets
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine
- You have difficulty in passing urine
Mode of Action of Bactoclav Ds 457mg Syrup 30ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Bactoclav Ds 457mg Syrup 30ml
Interactions of Bactoclav Ds 457mg Syrup 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- No interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, there is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects of when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
Storage and disposal of Bactoclav Ds 457mg Syrup 30ml
- Store Bactoclav DS 457 Dry Syrup below 25°C
- After reconstitution, store in the refrigerator
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children