Bactoclav 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
By MICRO LABS
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bactoclav 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets Description
Bactoclav Tablet is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections such as infection of lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. It is a combination med
icine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid, which belongs to the class of antibiotics. Please inform your doctor if you are allergic to antibiotics or have experienced any allergic reaction after taking antibiotics. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹28.32 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)
36 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Bactoclav 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Trueclam Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 179.00₹ 152.1543.14% CHEAPER₹ 15.21/Tablet
- Omniclav 625mg TabletBy Cipla Gx6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 134.06₹ 113.9529.01% CHEAPER₹ 18.99/Tablet
- Evoxil Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 196.80₹ 167.2837.46% CHEAPER₹ 16.73/Tablet
- Amoxyclav 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 223.27₹ 189.7829.05% CHEAPER₹ 18.98/Tablet
- Starclav 625mg TabletBy Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 201.62₹ 201.6224.64% CHEAPER₹ 20.16/Tablet
- Symbiotik Xl 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 201.67₹ 171.4235.93% CHEAPER₹ 17.14/Tablet
- Amclaid 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 201.71₹ 201.7124.6% CHEAPER₹ 20.17/Tablet
- Roclav 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy D.r. Johns Lab Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 196.89₹ 196.8926.39% CHEAPER₹ 19.69/Tablet
- Augpen Bid 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 195.26₹ 165.9737.94% CHEAPER₹ 16.6/Tablet
- Mpx Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 163.50₹ 138.9748.04% CHEAPER₹ 13.9/Tablet
Uses of Bactoclav 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Bactoclav Tablet is used to treat various types of infections caused by bacteria such as sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone, tooth and joint infections.
Contraindications of Bactoclav 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Bactoclav Tablet.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
Side effects of Bactoclav 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Precautions and Warnings of Bactoclav 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Can I take Bactoclav Tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take Bactoclav Tablet during pregnancy unless it is considered essential by your doctor. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Bactoclav Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking Bactoclav Tablet as its components pass into the breastmilk & are known to cause fungal infections of the mouth and diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bactoclav Tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken Bactoclav Tablet as it may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions.
Can I consume alcohol with Bactoclav Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Bactoclav Tablet, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver problems.
- You are above 60 years.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You have diarrhoea and stomach pain even after stopping treatment with Bactoclav Tablet.
Mode of Action of Bactoclav 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Bactoclav Tablet works by the combined action of its two components.
- Amoxicillin kills the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Bactoclav 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Bactoclav Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken after your meal to avoid stomach discomforts. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Bactoclav 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Bactoclav Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, it is advised to monitor the blood tests like PT-INR regularly.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate which is used in the treatment of cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify an immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Bactoclav Tablet....
Storage and disposal of Bactoclav 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Store Bactoclav Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Bactoclav 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy. If you have missed taking any dose of Bactoclav Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Bactoclav Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect of Bactoclav Tablet but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: How long does it take for Bactoclav Tablet to show its effects?
A: Bactoclav Tablet can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and can also vary due to the physiology of an individual and the severity of the infection. As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect towards infection could be seen after you complete the course of antibiotic treatment.
Q: How many times should I take Bactoclav Tablet in a day?
A: The exact frequency of consumption of Bactoclav Tablet depends upon your infection or disease. Your doctor will decide this after accessing the problem. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, kindly refrain from self-medication of any antibiotics and do not take it in excess or less.
- Augmentin Tablets USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Augmentin 625 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Amoxicillin/Clavulanic Acid - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- BACTOCLAV 625MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- BACTOCLAV DS 457MG SYRUP 30ML
- BACTOCLAV DRY SUSPENSION 30ML
- BACTOCLAV DT STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- BACTOCLAV 1GM TABLET
- BACTOCLAV 375MG STRIP OF 6 TABLETS
- BACTOCLAV 375MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- BACTOCLAV DROPS 10ML
- BACTOCLAV DS 457MG BOTTLE OF 60ML DRY SYRUP
- BACTOCLAV DDS DRY SYRUP 30ML
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed