B Bact 2% Tube Of 5gm Ointment
B Bact 2 %W/W Description
B Bact ointment is a topical antibiotic medicine. B Bact is used for the treatment of bacterial skin infections such as impetigo (skin redness) and folliculitis (inflammation of hair follicle present
on the skin). This ointment contains mupirocin as its active ingredient. It works by stopping the growth of infection-causing bacteria, by inhibiting their growth and function. This ointment is for external application only and must be applied exactly as recommended by the doctor.
- Mupimesh Tube Of 5gm OintmentBy Apex Laboratories Private Limited5g Ointment in TubeMRP 113.62₹ 96.58₹ 19.32/Gram
Uses of B Bact 2 %W/W
Contraindications of B Bact 2 %W/W
Side effects of B Bact 2 %W/W
Precautions and Warnings of B Bact 2 %W/W
Other General Warnings
- You are applying B Bact ointment on a cut, open wounds, broken or damaged skin or on a larger skin area.
- You experience diarrhoea, abdominal cramps after prolonged application of this medicine.
- You have kidney failure.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- Do not use this ointment for a longer duration without proper medical guidance.
- Avoid getting any medicine into your eyes, nose, mouth. In case of such exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
- Do not use this ointment for any other infection of the eye, nose, vaginal, etc.
Mode of Action of B Bact 2 %W/W
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of B Bact 2 %W/W
- B Bact ointment should be used as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Read the instructions on the label before use.
- Clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- You may cover the treated area with a bandage or suitable dressing.
- Wash your hands before and after using this ointment unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of B Bact 2 %W/W
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of B Bact 2 %W/W
- Store B Bact ointment at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of B Bact 2 %W/W
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is B Bact ointment a steroid?
Q: Can B Bact ointment be used for pimples?
Q: Are B Bact and T Bact ointment same?
- CDSCO - Mupirocin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 November 2021]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 November 2021]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 November 2021]
- Bactroban Ointment [Internet]. GSK. 2021 [cited 6 November 2021]