Azulix Mf Forte 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Azulix Mf Forte 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Azulix 4 MF Forte tablet is an anti-diabetic medication. It contains a combination of glimepiride and metformin as active ingredients. Azulix 4 MF Forte tablet is used to manage blood sugar levels in
type 2 diabetes when glimepiride or metformin alone is not effective. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to it or have type 1 diabetes. Take it in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Along with Azulix 4 MF Forte tablet, it is beneficial to maintain a healthy lifestyle with exercise and dietary modifications to control your blood sugar levels.
Uses of Azulix Mf Forte 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Azulix Mf Forte 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride or any of the ingredients of Azulix 4 MF Forte tablet.
- If you are allergic to other sulfonylureas or other sulfonamides. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have kidney or liver disorders.
- If you are undergoing dialysis.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you have diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma or coma.
Side effects of Azulix Mf Forte 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Azulix Mf Forte 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- The use of Azulix 4 MF Forte tablet during pregnancy is not recommended. Consult the doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before starting this medicine....
- Avoid Azulix 4 MF Forte tablet if you are a breastfeeding mother as the components of this medicine may pass into human breast milk. Consult the doctor before using medication during breastfeeding.
- There is limited information on the effect of Azulix 4 MF Forte tablet on driving ability. In case you experience any symptoms of low blood sugar levels like dizziness, drowsiness, vision disturbances, and sweating, stop driving and have sugar/ juice. Avoid consuming sugar-free during such episodes....
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol during treatment with Azulix 4 MF Forte tablet.
Other General Warnings
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness, or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Inform your doctor....
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness, and weakness.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test that involves the injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhea, vomiting, or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You have to undergo surgery in the near future.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are overweight.
Mode of Action of Azulix Mf Forte 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Azulix 4 MF Forte tablet contains a combination of glimepiride and metformin as active ingredients.
- Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level by increasing the release of insulin hormone from the pancreas. Insulin helps to move sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and the production of sugar by the liver.
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body which allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, thereby reducing blood sugar.
Directions for Use of Azulix Mf Forte 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Preferably take it with meals.
- It would be best if you take it at the same time every day for optimal results.
- Avoid consuming more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Azulix Mf Forte 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Azulix 4 MF Forte tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like insulin, pioglitazone, medicines for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors like captopril), steroids, chloramphenicol, fenfluramine, fenyramidol, medicines to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicines to manage depression (fluoxetine), medicines to treat blood clotting like coumarins, cyclophosphamide, miconazole, probenecid, antibiotics like clarithromycin, doxycycline, ofloxacin, etc....
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, acetazolamide, water pill, phenytoin, rifampicin, medicines for constipation, and medicines for thyroid disorders.
- Medicines like anti-allergics (ranitidine), clonidine, reserpine and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol can alter the way this medicine works and may block your body's response to low blood sugar. This can lead to dangerously low levels of blood sugar....
- Medicines like diclofenac, ibuprofen, water pill and enalapril may affect your kidney functions if taken along with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat thyroid disorders can affect the way this medicine works.
Storage and disposal of Azulix Mf Forte 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Azulix 4 MF Forte tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Protect it from moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Azulix Mf Forte 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Overdose of Azulix 4 MF Forte tablet may lead to severely low blood sugar levels and lactic acidosis. This can result in headaches, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, confusion, and dizziness....
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you think you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow if I am diabetic?
- A diet should be high in fibre, and low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), and very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Carry fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, and vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach, and taking a double dose of the medicine.
- If you are taking any other medicines, you need to inform your doctor.
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of low blood sugar like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness, or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose....
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation.
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.