Aztra 40mg Tab 10's
By INDICA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Aztra Tablet is an antihypertensive medication that is used to treat high blood pressure. Aztra Tablet contains azilsartan as an active ingredient. The dose and duration of this medicine will be decided by your doctor after careful assessment of your health condition. To get maximum benefits along with medication, you should maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly. Before initiating the treatment, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history. This medicine is not recommended for use during pregnancy and the medicine must be discontinued if pregnancy is detected.
Uses of Aztra 40mg Tab 10'S
Aztra Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure either alone or in combination with other antihypertensive medicines.
Contraindications of Aztra 40mg Tab 10'S
- If you are allergic to azilsartan or any ingredients of Aztra Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant, treatment should be discontinued if pregnancy is detected.
- If you have diabetes or kidney-related disorders and taking medicines for high blood pressure like aliskiren.
Side effects of Aztra 40mg Tab 10'S
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Aztra 40mg Tab 10'S
Can I take Aztra Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Aztra Tablet during pregnancy or if you are planning to have a baby. This medicine may cause serious harm to your baby. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, discontinue the treatment and consult your doctor immediately. Your doctor may switch you to a safer alternative.
Can I take Aztra Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not recommended to be used while breastfeeding due to limited information available on its safety. It is advised to consult your doctor for an alternative treatment that is safe during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Aztra Tablet?
This medicine may make you feel dizzy or tired. Individuals must avoid driving or operating heavy machinery immediately after consuming this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Aztra Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment with Aztra Tablet as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have underlying medical conditions such as any kind of heart disorder, narrow or block in the blood vessels of kidneys, diabetes, low blood pressure, etc.
- You have kidney disease or had a kidney transplant or liver disease.
- You suffer from water and salt retention in the body along with an imbalance of blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels).
- You have an increased level of potassium in the blood.
- You are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicines like ramipril or lisinopril.
- You are pregnant or a nursing mother.
Mode of Action of Aztra 40mg Tab 10'S
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin II is a substance produced in the body which causes the narrowing of blood vessels. This leads to an increase in blood pressure. Aztra Tablet prevents the binding of Angiotensin II to its receptors, thus causing the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Aztra 40mg Tab 10'S
- Aztra Tablet is to be taken as a whole with an adequate amount of water. This tablet can be taken with or without food.
- It is recommended to take the tablet at the same time every day for better blood pressure control.
Interactions of Aztra 40mg Tab 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Aztra Tablet works or Aztra Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines like pain killers, water pills, potassium supplements, blood thinners, medicine for a brain-related disorder such as lithium.
Interactions with food items
It is recommended to avoid foods rich in potassium like spinach, broccoli, banana, potatoes, etc.
Storage and disposal of Aztra 40mg Tab 10'S
- Store in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Aztra 40mg Tab 10'S
Individuals may experience symptoms like dizziness or a drop in blood pressure if the medicine is taken more than the recommended dose. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not miss a dose of this medicine as it may lead to a rise in blood pressure. If you have missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Aztra Tablet contain?
A: Aztra Tablet contains azilsartan as the active ingredient. It is an anti-hypertensive medication used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Q: Can Aztra Tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
A: Yes, this medicine can be taken with or without food.
Q: Can I take Aztra Tablet if I am taking antidiabetic medicines?
A: Yes, you can take this medicine along with your antidiabetic medicines as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What are the dietary restrictions I should follow if I have high blood pressure?
- Limit salt intake, cut back on sweets, packaged food and sugary drinks.
- Avoid potassium rich food such as broccoli and spinach.
- Eat more whole grains, fruits and consume low fat diary products.
- Limit alcohol consumption and avoid smoking. For a detailed information take advice from your treating doctor.
Q: Can potassium supplements be taken along with Aztra Tablet?
A: No, avoid taking supplements containing potassium or potassium salts with the medicine. Azilsartan increases blood potassium levels. Routine blood tests must be performed.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 23 Jun 2021 | 11:13 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved