Azelon 1mg Tablets
By VHB LIFE SCIENCES LIMITED
2 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azelon 1 MG Description
Azelon Tablet is an anti-cancer medicine containing anastrozole as its active ingredient. It is used to treat advanced breast cancer in post-menopausal women. Breast cancer is one of the most common
types of cancer found in female patients and is classified into various types. Azelon should be taken as instructed by your doctor. The dose and frequency will be decided by your doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water, after having your meals. You should not miss any dose or consume it more than what is recommended.
|You Save||₹222.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Reduced appetite, nausea, diarrhoea, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Anastrozole(1.0 Mg)
Uses of Azelon 1 MG
Azelon Tablet is used in post-menopausal women to treat advanced breast cancer.
Contraindications of Azelon 1 MG
If you are known to be allergic to Anastrozole or any of the excipients of Azelon Tablet. If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. If you are a breast-feeding mother.
Side effects of Azelon 1 MG
- Reduced appetite
- Excessive sleepiness
- Generalized weakness
- Skin rashes
- Hair thinning
Precautions and Warnings of Azelon 1 MG
Can I take Azelon Tablet during pregnancy?
Azelon Tablets should not be used in pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. Consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Azelon Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Anastrozole passes into human milk. Hence, do not breastfeed while taking Azelon Tablets.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azelon Tablet?
Azelon Tablets have a negligible influence on the ability to drive. However, muscle weakness and sleepiness have been reported with the use of anastrozole and caution should be observed when driving if you are experiencing these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Azelon Tablets?
It is advisable to avoid alcohol while on treatment with Azelon Tablet, as both lead to excessive sleepiness and liver damage in addition to nausea.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from liver or kidney diseases, then Azelon Tablets should be used with caution.
- You have any disease that affects the strength of your bones.
- You are on a medication containing tamoxifen or estrogen.
- Your periods have not yet stopped and you have not yet gone through menopause. Your doctor might ask you to confirm your menopause by performing some blood tests if it cannot be clinically confirmed.
- The medicine may contain lactose and should be avoided if you are known to suffer from galactose intolerance.
- Azelon Tablets should not be used in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Azelon 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Anastrozole in Azelon Tablet works by reducing the level of a natural female hormone known as estrogen that is produced in the body. Thus, stopping the growth of the cancer cells, which depend on estrogen for its growth....
Directions for Use of Azelon 1 MG
Azelon Tablets should be consumed strictly as prescribed by your oncologist. The tablet should be taken with a glass of water, preferably post meals. Swallow it whole, do not cut, break or chew the tablet. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than what is prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Azelon 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Azelon Tablets may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or a vaccination scheduled....
- It is advisable to avoid Tamoxifen, another medicine used to treat breast cancer or other estrogen-containing therapies while taking Azelon Tablets as it will reduce the effectiveness of medicines.
Interactions with food items
Azelon Tablets should be taken with or after having your meals.
Storage and disposal of Azelon 1 MG
Store Azelon Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Azelon 1 MG
Azelon Tablet should be consumed strictly in the dose and frequency as prescribed by the doctor. In case of accidental overdose, consult your doctor immediately or visit a nearby hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Azelon Tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Azelon Tablets be used in men?
A: Azelon Tablet has been approved for use only in advanced breast cancer in post-menopausal women. However, various studies for using Anastrozole in older men with lower levels of testosterone are ongoing. Anastrozole has been found to improve Testosterone levels in adult males and help in increasing height in boys. Thus, studies on the use of Anastrozole to increase adult height in boys with early puberty are ongoing. Long-term efficacy and safety of the use of Anastrozole (and similar medicines) have not yet been established in males and their routine use is therefore not recommended.
Q: What is the ideal duration for Azelon therapy?
A: Approximately 5-years of therapy with the Azelon Tablet has been found to yield optimum results. However, the duration will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
- Anastrozole 1 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Anastrozole 1 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022. NCBI. Aromatase inhibitors in men: effects and therapeutic options. [online] [Accessed 4 June 2022].
- Ascopost.com. 2022. More Data Show Small Benefit From Extended Endocrine Therapy - The ASCO Post. [online] [Accessed 4 June 2022].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed