Avil Inj 10ml
10ml Injection in Vial
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Avil injection is used to treat allergic reactions like hay fever, skin itching, oedema, skin allergy, runny nose, motion sickness, nausea and vomiting. This injection is composed of pheniramine malea
te as its active ingredient which inhibits the release of histamine into the body that occurs during an allergic reaction. Patients who are allergic to pheniramine should avoid taking this injection. It should be given by a doctor or a nurse in a hospital, so do not self inject it....
Uses of Avil Inj 10ml
- It is used to treat allergic reactions such as common cold, hay fever, food allergy, rashes, swelling, allergic conjunctivitis, runny nose or nasal secretion, itching etc.
- It is also used to prevent and treat motion sickness, nausea, vomiting or giddiness.
Contraindications of Avil Inj 10ml
- If you are allergic to pheniramine or any of the components present in the injection. If you are suffering from prostate enlargement or difficulty in passing urine. If you are already taking medicinesfor brain or panic disorders. It is not meant for the use of a newborn or a premature infant. Sedation Allergy This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic. Do not self inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse....Read more
Side effects of Avil Inj 10ml
Precautions and Warnings of Avil Inj 10ml
Can I take Avil injection during pregnancy?
It must not be given during pregnancy unless your doctor has prescribed it.
Can I take Avil injection while breastfeeding?
It must not be given during breastfeeding unless your doctor has prescribed it.
Can I drive if I have consumed Avil injection?
It is not advisable to drive after taking the injection as it may cause drowsiness or make you sleepy.
Can I consume alcohol with Avil injection ?
It is not advisable to take alcohol while you are on this medication as it may increase the risk of side effects like sedation.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience drowsiness, so be cautious while driving or doing any physical activity that requires alertness. You consume alcohol regularly and already taking brain-related medicines. You have any kind of pre-existing medical condition such as difficulty in passing urine, asthma, heart-related disorder, etc. Close monitoring and caution is advised in such conditions....Read more
Mode of Action of Avil Inj 10ml
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a substance produced in the body in case of allergies and responsible for itching, runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes. This injection works by blocking the histamine and hence decreases
the symptoms associated with allergies....
Directions for Use of Avil Inj 10ml
- This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self inject, follow any after care instructions given by doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Avil Inj 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Avil injection may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment if taken at the same time. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat the sleeping disorder, antipsychotic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines, etc....Read more
Storage and disposal of Avil Inj 10ml
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- This injection should be used immediately after opening. Once opened, any unused contents should be discarded.
- This injection should not be used after the expiry date which is stated on the vial or ampoule.
Dosage of Avil Inj 10ml
This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest h
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed any dose of this injection inform your doctor or nurse immediatel
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Avil injection safe in pregnancy?
A: It must not be given during pregnancy unless your doctor has prescribed it. However, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine if it has more advantage than risk.
Q: Does Avil injection cause hypotension?
A: No, Avil injection does not cause low blood pressure. It is advised to take any medication with doctor's consultation.
Q: Does it has habit-forming tendency?
A: No, it does not have habit-forming tendency.
Q: Can I take cetrizine tablet along with this injection?
A: No, you should not take any anti-allergic medicine after this injection. As it may increase the concentration in the body and may cause adverse effects.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 16 Sep 2021 | 11:26 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved