Avil 15mg Syrup 100ml
Avil 15mg Syrup 100ml Description
Avil Syrup is a syrup formulation manufactured by Sanofi. Its generic name is pheniramine maleate. It is from the drug class of sedative antihistamine drugs. It is an H1 histamine receptor antagonist
. It works against the muscarinic cholinergic receptors and possesses an anaesthetic effect locally. Pheniramine is an alkylamine derivative of histamine (H1)receptor antagonists. It also has anticholinergic and sedative properties. It works by blocking histamine. A daily therapeutic dose of 3mg/Kg body weight should be maintained. Avil Syrup contains carbohydrates (equivalent to 1.75g glucose per 5ml or one measuring spoonful). So, ruling out diabetes is essential. It can cause children to hallucinate, restlessness, confusion, agitation, etc. It can cause adults to have gastrointestinal problems, dryness of the mouth (xerostomia), urine retention, anaphylaxis (allergic reactions), palpitation (increased heartbeat).
|You Save||₹1.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Avil Syrup is used for the prevention, treatment, improvement and control of the following disease conditions:- Allergic rhinitis Itchy and runny nose Sneezing Eye irritation Motion sickness Hay fever Conjunctivitis Urticaria Pruritus Redness of skin Swelling of skin Eczema Neurodermatitis Rashes Cold Flu|
|Side effects||Allergic reactions (swelling of face, lips, rashes etc.) Excitation in children Blurred vision Closing of throat Hives Difficulty in urine passage Depression Dryness of the eyes (xerophthalmia) and nose Dizziness Drug abuse Dry mouth (xerostomia) Sedation Undesirable reactions Mental illness Ringing or buzzing in the ears Inability to concentrate Incoordination Lack of sleep Tremors Irregular heartbeat Headache Confusion Hallucination Restlessness Agitation|
Uses of Avil 15mg Syrup 100ml
- Allergic rhinitis
- Itchy and runny nose
- Eye irritation
- Motion sickness
- Hay fever
- Redness of skin
- Swelling of skin
Contraindications of Avil 15mg Syrup 100ml
- If you are allergic to Avil Syrup or its active ingredient.
- If you are allergic to pheniramine, methyl hydroxybenzoate and propyl hydroxybenzoate
- If you consume alcohol
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have a respiratory disease
- If you are on a CNS depressant
- If you have a Kidney disease
- If you have a Liver disease
- If you have prostate hypertrophy
Side effects of Avil 15mg Syrup 100ml
- Allergic reactions (swelling of face, lips, rashes etc.)
- Excitation in children
- Blurred vision
- Closing of throat
- Difficulty in urine passage
- Dryness of the eyes (xerophthalmia) and nose
- Drug abuse
- Dry mouth (xerostomia)
- Undesirable reactions
- Mental illness
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Inability to concentrate
- Lack of sleep
- Irregular heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Avil 15mg Syrup 100ml
Other General Warnings
- Before the doctors prescribe this medication, talk to them about your past and ongoing medical history. Some diseases can make you more susceptible to side effects or intensify the impact of side effects. It should not be given to children without a prescription....
- Don’t take other medications with it.
- If you develop chest tightness, wheezing, bad cough, bluish or greyish discolouration of the skin, swelling of face, lips etc.
- In case of a regular dosage missing.
- In case of overdose.
Mode of Action of Avil 15mg Syrup 100ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Avil 15mg Syrup 100ml
- Avil Syrup should be taken in the same dose and duration prescribed by the doctor. Avil Syrup can be taken with or without food. It should be taken at a fixed time daily. Set the alarm to avoid missing a dose....
- Children of 1-3 years of age should be given half spoonfuls of the syrup two to three times a day. Children of 4-12 years of age should be given one spoonful of the syrup two to three times a day. Adults should be given one to two spoonfuls of the syrup two to three times a day after food. A daily therapeutic dose of 3mg/Kg body weight should be maintained....
- Before starting the medicine, check for glaucoma, high blood pressure, diabetes.
Interactions of Avil 15mg Syrup 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics
- Aripiprazole lauroxil
- Arsenic trioxide
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitor
Interactions with food items
- Avil Syrup is advised not to be taken with alcohol, as avil syrup works on CNS and alcohol increases the effect of drowsiness. As such, no food interactions are reported with Avil Syrup.
Storage and disposal of Avil 15mg Syrup 100ml
Dosage of Avil 15mg Syrup 100ml
Missed a Dose
DR. Pallavi Kaushik
BDS & Masters in Clinical Research
Dr. Bhavika Shah
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), DNB (Dermatology)