Atorlip 10mg Tablet
Atorlip 10 MG Description
Atorlip 10 tablet is a medicine used to lower blood cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. It contains atorvastatin as its active ingredient, also known as statins. This medicine is used as an adjuvant to diet in patients with high cholesterol and abnormal levels of cholesterol.
Atorlip 10 tablet decreases the synthesis of cholesterol in the body. You should take this medicine as advised by your doctor in the prescribed doses at a fixed time to gain optimum benefits. You should avoid consuming high-fat, fried or junk meals and also maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to gain optimum benefits along with Atorlip Tablet. Aztor 10 tablets and Lipikind 10 tablets also contain atorvastatin as their active ingredient.
- Lipvas 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 55.32₹ 47.0340.13% CHEAPER₹ 4.7/Tablet
- Atorbest 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 55.33₹ 38.7350.7% CHEAPER₹ 3.87/Tablet
- Meltolip 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zifam Pinnacle Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.00₹ 59.5024.2% CHEAPER₹ 5.95/Tablet
- Stator 10mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 82.99₹ 82.9929.55% CHEAPER₹ 5.53/Tablet
Uses of Atorlip 10 MG
- To lower blood cholesterol
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
Contraindications of Atorlip 10 MG
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have liver disease and your liver tests are abnormal.
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like glecaprevir or pibrentasvir.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Atorlip 10 MG
- Muscle pain
- Joint pains
Precautions and Warnings of Atorlip 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any underlying medical condition like diabetes, liver or kidney disease, thyroid problems, respiratory problems, muscle-related problems.
- You have a history of stroke with bleeding inside the brain.
- You have repeated muscle pains or a history of muscle-related problems
- You have recently or in the last 7 days, taken medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury
- You are an alcoholic.
- You are elderly, above 70 years of age.
- You are already taking any other medicines for health conditions.
Directions for Use of Atorlip 10 MG
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor in the duration and doses it is prescribed
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day.
Storage and disposal of Atorlip 10 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Atorlip 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Atorlip 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Atorlip 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Atorlip Tablet works or Atorlip Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other cholesterol-lowering medicines, anticoagulants like warfarin, blood pressure-lowering medicines, painkillers like phenazone, anti-infectives, anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir, medicines used to treat hepatitis C like telaprevir, antacids etc....
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid consuming grapefruit juice during the treatment, as it can alter the effect of this medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Atorlip Tablet cause acidity?
Q: What dietary restrictions should I follow while taking Atorlip Tablet?
- Avoid fried and junk food
- Avoid carbonated drinks
- Avoid grapefruit juice with this medicine
- Have the last meal of the day at least 3-4 hours before bedtime
Q: Can I stop taking Atorlip Tablet on my own?
Q: Is Atorlip Tablet good for cholesterol?
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 17 September 2021]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 September 2021]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 September 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- ATORLIP 10 STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- ATORLIP 20MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- ATORLIP F 10MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- ATORLIP 40MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- ATORLIP ASP 10MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- ATORLIP 5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- ATORLIP GOLD 20MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- ATORLIP GOLD 10MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- ATORLIP 5MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- ATORLIP 40 STRIP OF 15 TABLETS