Atorfit Cv 10mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By AJANTA PHARMA LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atorfit Cv Capsule is an antiplatelet medicine. It is a combination of aspirin and clopidogrel. It is used to treat heart disorders associated with abnormal blood clot formation. Abnormal blood clots block the blood flow and may result in conditions like heart attack and chest pain. This medicine prevents the formation of abnormal blood clots. This medicine can cause side effects like headache, stomach and abdominal pain, shortness of breath. In case you feel any discomfort or experience too many side effects then contact your doctor.
Uses of Atorfit Cv 10mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- For the treatment of heart diseases associated with an abnormal blood clot.
- Prevent the stent from becoming narrow again during angioplasty (in-stent restenosis).
Contraindications of Atorfit Cv 10mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- As this medicine contains aspirin and clopidogrel, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a severe liver or kidney problem
- If you are suffering from gout or peptic ulcers
- If you are using anti-cancer medication methotrexate.
Side effects of Atorfit Cv 10mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Reddening of the skin
- Shortness of breath
- Stomach pain
- Increased chances of bleeding, especially in the stomach and intestine
Precautions and Warnings of Atorfit Cv 10mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Atorfit Cv Capsule during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to be used by pregnant women as components of this medicine may cause heart or kidney-related issues in the newborn baby. Hence, it is important to consult the doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy or planning pregnancy.
Can I take Atorfit Cv Capsule while breastfeeding?
Atorfit Cv Capsule components of this medicine pass into breast milk. Hence it is not recommended to take this medicine if you are breastfeeding unless advised by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Atorfit Cv Capsule?
Yes, you can drive after consuming this medicine. Atorfit Cv Capsule does not affect the ability to drive or operate heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Atorfit Cv Capsule?
You should not consume alcohol while taking Aspirin. Drinking alcohol may increase the risk of bleeding in the stomach and intestines.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any unusual bleeding
- You are suffering from asthma, then this medicine can worsen your asthma
- You have kidney or liver diseases
- You have high blood pressure
- You have ulcers in your stomach or small intestine
- You are suffering from gout
- You experience heavy menstrual bleeding, do not take this medicine as it can increase the bleeding
Mode of Action of Atorfit Cv 10mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
This medicine helps by preventing the platelets to stick together and reduces the chances of blood clot formation. This helps in preventing heart attacks, strokes, angina.
Directions for Use of Atorfit Cv 10mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Take Atorfit Cv Capsule as per the directions given by the doctor.
- Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Swallow the tablets as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Atorfit Cv 10mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of blood thinners like Warfarin, Anti clotting protein like Heparin, other antiplatelet medication like Aspirin, pain killers like Naproxen, medicines used for psychotic disorders like Fluoxetine with Atorfit Cv Capsule can increase the risk of bleeding.read less
- Use of medicine to control acidity like Omeprazole together with this medicine decrease the effect of the Atorfit Cv Capsule.
- The use of HIV antiviral medication together with Atorfit Cv Capsule can result in an increased risk of bleeding.
- Medicines used to prevent organ rejection after transplantation like Ciclosporin, Tacrolimus when used with this medicine can result in kidney damage.
- The effect of Medicines used to treat high blood pressure may be reduced when used together with Atorfit Cv Capsule.
- The effect of the medicines used to regulate heartbeat, like Digoxin and medicines used to treat mental health conditions like Lithium is increased when used together with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat psychiatric disorders like Sertraline or Paroxetine, other pain killers like Ibuprofen and steroids when used with Atorfit Cv Capsule can cause bleeding in the stomach and intestines.read less
- The effect of Medicines used to treat gout, like Probenecid is reduced when used with Atorfit Cv Capsule.
- The effect of medicines to treat cancer or rheumatoid arthritis, like Methotrexate is increased when used with this medicine and can lead to toxicity.
- The anti-diabetic effect of Medicines like glibenclamide can increase when used together with Atorfit Cv Capsule.
- Antacids may interfere with the effect of Atorfit Cv Capsule.
Storage and disposal of Atorfit Cv 10mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store the medicine between 15°C to 30°C
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Atorfit Cv 10mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Symptoms of overdose include ringing sound in ears, headache, dizziness, confusion, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, difficulty in breathing.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Atorfit Cv Capsule, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking this medicine?
A: If you are a known patient of bleeding disorders such as hemophilia or are taking blood thinners, you must tell your doctor about it. Also, if you have had a history of ulcers, stomach swelling (inflammation), kidney disease, gout, asthma or breathing difficulty that was induced by a painkiller, you must tell your doctor about it.
Q: What are the precautions I need to follow while taking this medicine?
A: Before you undergo any surgeries or during medical emergencies, tell your doctor that you are on treatment with aspirin, as excess aspirin can cause bleeding disorders.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved