Artigag P Tab
By STRIDES SHASUN LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Artigag P Tab contains combination of aceclofenac and paracetamol.
Uses of Artigag P Tab
- Treatment of pain & swelling of joints (osteoarthritis & rheumatoid arthritis)
- Treatment of pain & inflammation of spinal cord (ankylosing spondylitis)
- Treatment of pain and swelling in ear, nose or throat, lower back pain
- Treatment of lower abdominal pain, uterine cramps and pain related to periods (Gynecological pain)
- Treatment of toothache
Contraindications of Artigag P Tab
- If you are allergic to aceclofenac, paracetamol or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of asthma, skin rashes, swelling & nasal congestion after taking aspirin, ibuprofen or other NSAIDs
- If you have a history of frequent stomach ulcers or bleeding
- If you have severe heart problems like heart failure, high blood pressure
- If you have severe liver or kidney disorder
- If you are pregnant especially in third trimester of pregnancy
Side effects of Artigag P Tab
- Nausea, vomiting (with or without blood)
- Stomach pain
- Mouth ulcers
- Black stools
- Loose motions
- Skin rashes
- Excess sleepiness
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes & creatinine
Precautions and Warnings of Artigag P Tab
Can I take Artigag P Tab during pregnancy?
- It is unsafe to take this medicine during pregnancy; hence it should not be taken by a pregnant women
- Taking this medicine in pregnancy can cause defects in the baby's heart or even delay of labour.
Can I take Artigag P Tab while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to use this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Artigag P Tab?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Artigag P Tab?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen your liver problems. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems or liver problems
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have kidney disorders; this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure. Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems like bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease,
- You have asthma as this medicine can worsen the same
- You have SLE
- You are an alcoholic, as concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver
- You have disorders related to blood clotting
- You have skin rashes & lesions after taking this medicine
Mode of Action of Artigag P Tab
How Does It Work?
This combination acts by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for swelling and pain. It also controls fever and promotes cartilage matrix synthesis.
Directions for Use of Artigag P Tab
This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and can be taken with food or after food.
Interactions of Artigag P Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains aceclofenac & paracetamol, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combinationread less
- Other medicines containing paracetamol, as there is increased risk of liver damage
- If you are taking medicines used to treat high blood pressure, this medicine can interfere with their effect
- Medicines like diuretic can lead to kidney damage when taken along with this medicine
- Medicines used to treat heart failure (Cardiac glycosides)
- This medicine can increase the levels of lithium and it's side effects
- Medicines used to treat certain type of cancer like methotrexate
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like ciclosporin & tacrolimus can result in kidney damage if taken with this medicine
- Increase the risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids
- There is risk of bleeding if you are taking medicines to thin the blood like warfarin, coumarin
- Increased risk of fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like levofloxacin, ciprofloxacin (Quinolone )
- Medicines used to treat HIV infections like zidovudine
- If you are taking medicines for treating diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat, hunger pangs
- Medicines used to treat fits, seizures & depression-like phenobarbital, carbamazepine, phenytoin
- Medicine used to treat gout-like probenecid
- Medicine used to treat tuberculosis (TB), rifampicin
- Medicine used for pain relief like aspirin
- Medicine used to treat mental problems like depression & the blues (St. John's Wort)
Interactions with food items
- No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Storage and disposal of Artigag P Tab
Store it in a cool and dry place and away from light.
Dosage of Artigag P Tab
- Taking Artigag P Tab in high doses may result in severe liver damage
- Other symptoms headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, unconsciousness, excitation, coma, dizziness, low blood pressure, fits, difficulty in breathing & weight loss
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take before taking Artigag P Tab?
- Yes, you need to tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicine for pain, fever or arthritis
- Take medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor
- Never take a dose more than what is prescribed as it can result in overdose
- Be cautious about stomach pain, blood in vomit, dark stools; these could be signs of bleeding in your stomach or intestine Immediately stop taking medicine and inform your doctor.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved