Anxozap 30mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Anxozap tablet is a prescription medicine used for managing anxiety and panic disorders. It consists of oxazepam as an active ingredient. It is a tranquilliser medicine (used to reduce symptoms of anxiety). This tablet works by balancing the chemical substances in the brain, which slows the activity in the brain and relaxes the overworked nervous system. Anxiety or panic attacks occur due to overstimulation of the nerve cells. The reason behind it can be a personal trigger, such as past trauma. A proper dosage of Anxozap tablets helps in relieving these conditions. Take this medication in the exact dose prescribed by the doctor, as it can otherwise lead to drowsiness, fatigue, and some other side effects. The dosage of Anxozap tablets should be monitored because this medicine has the potential to be habit-forming and can cause physical dependence. Try to take Anxozap tablets at the same time each day because it helps maintain a constant dose in the body. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly as it can cause certain withdrawal symptoms like muscle cramps, sweating, vomiting, tremors, etc. The dose should be slowly tapered. It can induce both weight gain and weight loss; the effects vary from person to person. It can also increase suicidal thoughts in some people....
|You Save||₹43.02 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety, Anxiety associated with alcohol withdrawal, Anxiety associated with depression|
|Side effects||Blurred speech, Change in sex drive, Balancing problems, Suicidal thoughts, Seizures, Sleepiness.|
Check more medicines with composition as Oxazepam(30.0 Mg)
Uses of Anxozap 30 MG
- Anxozap tablet can be used for:
- The management of symptoms of anxiety disorder.
- Treating anxiety associated with depression.
- The treatment of anxiety caused by alcohol withdrawal (symptoms that can develop in people who stop drinking alcohol after drinking large quantities for a long time).
Contraindications of Anxozap 30 MG
- If you have an allergic reaction to any component of the Anxozap tablet
- If you have any history of addiction to recreational drugs or alcohol, Anxozap medicine has habit-forming potential.
- If you have respiratory depression (steady decline of breathings) or a head injury. This medicine increases the risk of life-threatening breathing problems.
- If you are using antidepressant medications.
- If you are pregnant, Anxozap can cause congenital disabilities in unborn babies, especially in the first trimester.
- If you are breastfeeding, this can have adverse effects on newborn babies.
- If you have closed-angle glaucoma, an eye disorder, Anxozap medicine can increase the fluid pressure in the eye.
- If you notice having mood changes, suicidal or other harmful thoughts.
- If you are taking other medications that have narcotic or opioid ingredients.
- If you are younger than the age of 18, this medicine is not recommended.
- If you have breathing problems like asthma, sleep apnea, etc.
- If you are at risk of falling most of the time.
Side effects of Anxozap 30 MG
- Blurred speech
- Dry mouth
- Change in sex drive
Precautions and Warnings of Anxozap 30 MG
Can I take an Anxozap tablet during pregnancy?
No, Anxozap tablets are unsafe during pregnancy. Some studies have shown a definite risk to the unborn baby of developing congenital malformations, especially when used in the first trimester. Sometimes doctors may prescribe it for life-threatening conditions if they think the benefits outweigh the risks. Do not take Anxozap tablets without consulting your doctor.
Can I take an Anxozap tablet while breastfeeding?
You should consult your doctor before taking the Anxozap tablet, as it can be unsafe during breastfeeding. There is limited data available on the effects of this tablet on a breastfeeding baby. Some studies suggested that the medicine may pass into the milk and cause unwanted effects on the baby like excess drowsiness, lethargy, etc. Babies must be closely monitored in such cases.
Can I drive if I have taken an Anxozap tablet?
No, do not drive after taking the Anxozap tablet. The medicine can cause side effects like drowsiness, lightheadedness, and blurred or double vision that can impair your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the Anxozap tablet?
No, you cannot consume alcohol with an Anxozap tablet. It can interfere with the effectiveness of Anxozap medication and cause exaggerated side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are trying to get pregnant.
- You are using medication for fungal infections.
- You have a seizure disorder and are under antiepileptic medication.
- You are using any vitamin, herbal medicines or supplements; they may interact with this medicine.
- You have a history of lung, kidney or liver disorders; the dose needs adjustment.
- You are an elderly patient over 65 years of age; high doses may cause serious adverse effects due to the slow metabolism.
- You are planning to have a medical, surgical or dental procedure.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like sweating, tremors, nausea, agitation, and confusion.
Mode of Action of Anxozap 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Anxozap tablets contain oxazepam as their main ingredient. Oxazepam belongs to the benzodiazepine class of medicines. This medication binds to certain receptors in the brain that increase the activity of GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid), a chemical messenger in the brain. Increased activity of GABA causes suppression of the excessive and abnormal activity of nerve cells. This results in a relaxing and calming effect. The medication also has sedation effects. These properties help in managing anxiety-related symptoms....
Directions for Use of Anxozap 30 MG
- Take the Anxozap tablet exactly in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage of Anxozap, even if you cannot notice any changes.
- Do not try to break this tablet or chew it.
- Take an Anxozap tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not use it with other medications without confirming with your doctor.
- Do not take this tablet if the package has been opened.
- Do not stop taking Anxozap medication suddenly, as it can have adverse effects.
Interactions of Anxozap 30 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- If you take antifungal medication (like itraconazole or ketoconazole), do not mix them with the Anxozap tablet.
- Taking antidepressants or mood-elevating medications like fluoxetine or desipramine can cause adverse and contrasting effects when mixed with Anxozap tablets.
- Anxozap tablets can reduce the effect of oral contraceptives or birth control pills.
- Do not mix Anxozap tablets with antihistamines (allergy medication), as it can increase the effects of drowsiness, fatigue, etc.
- Do not take other sedative medications or Benzodiazepine like alprazolam, sertraline, etc., with Anxozap Tablet; it can exaggerate the side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit and its juice; it reduces the effect of Anxozap medicine.
- Avoid eating St John’s wort (a flower), the medicinal herb that treats depression, with Anxozap medicine.
Storage and disposal of Anxozap 30 MG
Store Anxozap tablets in dry conditions at room temperature. Keep these tablets away from wet surfaces, direct sunlight, and humid conditions. Dispose of the tablet’s packaging carefully after use. Throw Anxozap away if the package has been already opened. Check the expiration date before taking the medication; do not use this tablet if it's past the expiration date. Keep Anxozap medicine away from pets and children....
Dosage of Anxozap 30 MG
An Anxozap tablet overdose can cause symptoms like drowsiness, loss of consciousness, problems with coordination, confusion, difficulty speaking, liver problems (yellowing of eyes and skin), and seizures. If you overdose on this medicine and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a single dose of the Anxozap tablet, take it as soon as possible. If you remember missing a dose of Anxozap tablet when it's already time to take the next one, then skip the missed dose and take the next tablet. Do not take two doses together as it can cause adverse effects. Talk to your doctor if you are confused about the dosage or missed more than a few doses....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I gain weight on the Anxozap tablet?
A: Yes, Anxozap tablets can cause weight gain. It can also induce weight loss. Its effects on weight vary from person to person. If you are gaining weight, try to be more physically active and eat a healthy diet.
Q: Can I use an Anxozap tablet if I have seizures?
A: Do not use the Anxozap tablet without consulting your doctor for seizure disorders. The medication interaction can worsen the condition or cause side effects. Do not stop using this medicine suddenly without talking to your doctor, as it can cause withdrawal symptoms and precipitate seizures.
Q: Can I use an Anxozap tablet for depression?
A: No, Anxozap tablets cannot treat depression. If you are suffering from depression, consult your doctor for the appropriate treatment.
- Oxazepam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 20]. Available from:
- S; PRVMMCJRFS. Differential effects of oral contraceptive steroids on the metabolism of benzodiazepines [Internet]. Hepatology (Baltimore, Md.). U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 20]. Available from:
- Oxazepam [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 20]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 feb 20]. Available from:
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.