Amnurite 25mg Tablet
Amnurite 25mg Tablet Description
Amnurite Tablet is used to treat depression (symptoms of hopelessness, mood swings and sleep disturbances) in adults. It is also prescribed to treat neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve injury) and mi
graine in adults. Amnurite Tablet belongs to a class of medications generally used to treat symptoms of depression. It contains Amitriptyline as an active ingredient that increases the level of mood stabilising chemicals in the body and thus effectively helps in maintaining a mental balance and treating depression. Amitriptyline, an active ingredient in Amnurite Tablet, also has pain-reducing properties and treats migraine headaches and severe pain arising from any nerve damage. Amnurite tablets should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. The duration and dose of taking Amnurite Tablet to vary depending on the patient’s condition and age. Side effects of Amnurite Tablet include vomiting, sleepiness, weakness, headaches, nightmares and confusion. It is advised to consult your doctor before starting treatment with Amnurite Tablet and get complete information on its potential side-effects and benefits. Amnurite tablets may also interact negatively and produce life-threatening side effects when taken with certain medications such as those used to treat anxiety, depression, migraine, sleeplessness and allergy. Therefore it is suggested to talk to your doctor about all medications you are taking or planning to take.
|You Save||₹28.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(1.5 Mg) + Amitriptyline(25.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Depression, severe pain arising from nerve damage, migraine headaches, chronic headache|
|Side effects||Feeling sick, sleepiness, increased sweating, dry mouth, dizziness, blurred vision|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY|
Uses of Amnurite 25mg Tablet
- Depression in adults
- Neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve injury or damage) in adults
- Migraine headaches in adults
- Chronic tension-type headache
Contraindications of Amnurite 25mg Tablet
- If you’re allergic to amitriptyline or any of the ingredients present in the medicine
- If taking medications that are classified as Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (class of medicine used in the treatment of depression)
- If you’ve heart problems or recently had a heart attack
- If you have a severe liver disease
- Children below six years of age
Side effects of Amnurite 25mg Tablet
- Nausea (Feeling sick and uneasy feeling in your stomach)
- Drowsiness (increased sleep)
- Feeling too much tired
- Shaking hand or other body parts
- Dry mouth and changes in taste
- Sexual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Amnurite 25mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You’re pregnant or planning to conceive.
- You are consuming large amounts of other medications with Amnurite Tablet, leading to overdose or even death.
- You want to discontinue the medication in a few weeks; continue taking it as prescribed by your doctor.
- Disclose the medications you are taking before starting the Amnurite Tablet to your doctor.
Mode of Action of Amnurite 25mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amnurite 25mg Tablet
- Amnurite Tablet must be taken as per the doctor’s prescription.
- Amnurite tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Amnurite Tablet as a whole and do not chew, crush or break it.
- Amnurite tablets must be taken at the same time as per prescription.
- Don’t change the dose or frequency of taking Amnurite Tablet without consulting your doctor.
- Do not stop taking Amnurite Tablet on your own, and continue taking it as long as your doctor recommends.
Interactions of Amnurite 25mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Amnurite Tablet may adversely interact with:
- Opioid painkillers such as buprenorphine when taken with Amnurite may cause adverse side effects like uncontrollable shaking of the body, excessive sweating, agitation, and even coma.
- Medicines used in the management of depression (fluvoxamine, fluoxetine) when taken along with Amnurite tablets can make the medicine ineffective.
- Medicines to treat high blood pressure (diltiazem, verapamil) can also reduce the effectiveness of Amnurite tablets.
- Medicines to treat tuberculosis (rifampicin); medicines to treat cough and cold (epinephrine, norepinephrine) may produce symptoms of an overdose of this medicine and cause toxicity.
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease (atropine) may lead to excessive sleepiness or coma when taken with Amnurite tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Amnurite Tablet may interact adversely with St. John’s Wort (herbal medicine for depression) and the overall effectiveness of the medicine may get reduced.
Storage and disposal of Amnurite 25mg Tablet
Dosage of Amnurite 25mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology