Amlozaar 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Amlozaar 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Amlozaar Tablet is a combination medicine. It contains a combination of losartan and amlodipine as the main ingredient. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It works by relaxing the b
lood vessels and making the blood flow easier. High blood pressure is a critical health condition and if not treated on time can damage many other organs including kidneys, heart and brain. Thus it is very important to take this medicine on time to control your blood pressure better. Along with this making few lifestyle modifications such as limiting salt & alcohol intake, maintaining a healthy weight, avoid smoking and exercising regularly can help you control your blood pressure better.
Uses of Amlozaar 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Amlozaar 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Side effects of Amlozaar 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Body pain
Precautions and Warnings of Amlozaar 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience allergic episodes that include swelling after consuming this medicine.
- You have a kidney or liver function problem.
- You have been told that you have abnormal levels of salt or electrolytes or recently had excessive diarrhoea and vomiting.
- You are taking potassium supplements or medicines that can increase the levels of potassium in the body.
- You have any other health condition or taking medicines or supplements.
- You are pregnant or may be pregnant, inform your doctor immediately.
Mode of Action of Amlozaar 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amlozaar 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Amlozaar Tablet as prescribed by your doctor with or without food.
- Try to take this medicine preferably at the same time every day for better control of blood pressure.
Interactions of Amlozaar 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines should be used carefully with Amlozaar Tablet as it can lead to an excessive drop in blood pressure.
- Medicines that increases the levels of potassium in the body including some water pills (spironolactone, amiloride) and potassium supplement should be used cautiously.
- Medicines containing lithium, used for mental disorders if taken along can lead to increased levels of lithium in the body and increases the chances of getting side effects. Regular monitoring of lithium levels in the body is advised....
- Blood pressure-lowering effect of Amlozaar Tablet can be reduced by concomitant use of painkillers and anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Aliskiren, a medicine used for high blood pressure if taken along can lead to reduced blood pressure, faintness, loss of consciousness and can also affect kidney function. Hence, it should be avoided.