Althrocin 250mg Tablet
Althrocin 250 MG Description
Althrocin 250 tablet is an antibiotic medicine that is used to prevent and treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. It contains erythromycin as its active ingredient. It works by inhibiting the
growth of bacteria responsible for the infection. Usually, this medicine is used for short-term treatment. However, in certain cases, you may be asked to use it for the long term. Take Althrocin 250 tablet as prescribed by your doctor for the exact duration. One may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea after taking this medicine. They fade away with time, however, if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Before starting Althrocin 250, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹8.49 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting|
Uses of Althrocin 250 MG
Contraindications of Althrocin 250 MG
- If you are allergic to erythromycin or other ingredients of Althrocin tablet.
- If you have heart, liver or kidney-related diseases.
- If you are taking Ergotamine and Dihydroergotamine for the treatment of migraine attacks.
- If you are on medications like Simvastatin (to lower cholesterol levels), Tolterodine (urinary related disorders), Amisulpride & Domperidone (Anti-emetic agent), Amisulpride & Pimozide (brain-related disorder), Astemizole, Mizolastine & Terfenadine (anti-allergic medicine) and Cisapride (used to treat acid reflux)....
Side effects of Althrocin 250 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Althrocin 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are already on other medications that may cause severe side effects.
- You have problems with your heart.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness.
- You have any disorders affecting your liver, this medicine should not be taken.
- You have low levels of magnesium or potassium in your blood.
- In the past, you have experienced diarrhoea after taking antibiotics.
- You are pregnant and have a sexually transmitted disease called syphilis.
Directions for Use of Althrocin 250 MG
- Althrocin 250 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- This tablet should be taken just before or with meals.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop the dosage of Althrocin 250 Tablet by yourself or the benefit would be reduced.
Storage and disposal of Althrocin 250 MG
- Store Althrocin tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Althrocin 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Althrocin 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Althrocin 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Althrocin 250 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat allergies, psychiatric illnesses, migraine, stomach problems, infections, cholesterol problems, gout, arthritis, acidity, heart problems, fits, asthma, Parkinson’s disease, cancer....
- Do not take this antibiotic with other medicines such as Astemizole, Terfenadine, Cisapride, Pimozide, Ergotamine, Dihydroergotamine or Colchicine.
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Althrocin tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can tab Althrocin be useful in throat infection?
Q: Can Althrocin 250 mg tablet be taken by pregnant women?
Q: Can Althrocin be used after delivery?
Q: Can tab Althrocin cause any fungal infection?
Q: When should I eat Althrocin tablet 250 mg?
Q: What are the side effects of Althrocin 500 mg?
Q: What is Althrocin 250 used for?
- ERYTHROPED A TABLETS (Erythromycin) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Lactmed - Erythromycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Erythrocin 250 Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Erythromycin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Erythrocin 250 Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Erythromycin: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]