Althrocin 250mg Tablet
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Althrocin 250 Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It contains Erythromycin as the main ingredient. It is one of the higher classes of antibiotics that is prescribed for the prevention and treatment of a wide variety of bacterial infections. It works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria responsible for the infection. Usually, this medicine is used for short term treatment. However, in certain cases, you may be asked to use it for the long term.
Uses of Althrocin 250mg Tablet
Bacterial infections such as pneumonia, chest and lung infection, skin infection, ear infection, dental infections and other infections.
Contraindications of Althrocin 250mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Erythromycin or other ingredients of Althrocin tablet
- If you have heart, liver or kidney-related disorders or dysfunction
- Do not take this medicine if you are taking Ergotamine and Dihydroergotamine for the treatment of migraine attacks
- Althrocin should never be taken with Simvastatin (to lower cholesterol levels), Tolterodine (urinary related disorders), Amisulpride & Domperidone (Anti-emetic agent), Amisulpride & Pimozide (brain-related disorder), Astemizole, Mizolastine & Terfenadine (anti-allergic medicine), and Cisapride (used to treat acid reflux)read less
Side effects of Althrocin 250mg Tablet
- Dark-coloured urine
- Breathing troubles
- Hearing problem
- Heartbeat abnormality
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Althrocin 250mg Tablet
Can I take Althrocin 250 Tablet during pregnancy?
Althrocin 250 Tablet will affect the unborn child. Avoid taking this medicine during pregnancy or if you are planning to get pregnant as it can also damage your liver.
Can I take Althrocin 250 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Althrocin 250 Tablet enters breast milk in limited quantities. Take this medicine only if it is beneficial to you and if your doctor advises it. Monitor your child for any symptoms.
Can I drive if I have consumed Althrocin 250 Tablet?
Althrocin 250 Tablet does not affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Althrocin 250 Tablet?
Alcohol may reduce your tablet's effectiveness. It is better to avoid alcohol with this medication.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Do not use Althrocin 250 Tablet if you are already on other medications that may cause severe side effects
- Avoid this tablet if you have a condition that causes muscle weakness
- If you have any disorders affecting your liver, this medicine should not be taken
Mode of Action of Althrocin 250mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Althrocin 250 tablet stops the growth of bacteria by interfering in protein synthesis which is essential for bacterial activity.
Directions for Use of Althrocin 250mg Tablet
- Take Althrocin 250 tablet as instructed by your doctor. Check this medicine when you buy it from your nearest pharmacy. This tablet can be taken on an empty stomach or with meals. Do not stop the dosage of Althrocin 250 Tablet by yourself or the benefit would be reduced.read less
Interactions of Althrocin 250mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
Do not take this antibiotic with other medicines such as Astemizole, Terfenadine, Cisapride, Pimozide, Ergotamine, Dihydroergotamine or Colchicine.
Storage and disposal of Althrocin 250mg Tablet
Store it in a cool and dry place. Do not use it beyond its expiry date.
Dosage of Althrocin 250mg Tablet
- If you consume more than the prescribed dose, overdose can occur
- Seek emergent medical help to rule out any complications
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Althrocin tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Althrocin is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: Is Althrocin tablet useful in throat infection?
A: Yes, it is effective in bacterial infections of the throat. However, you should not take this medicine on your own as it is a strong antibiotic.
Q: Can we take Althrocin in pregnancy?
A: There is no sufficient information available on the safety of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence, it should not be used during pregnancy.
Q: Can Althrocin be used after delivery?
A: No, it should not be used for at least after 7 days after delivery as there is a risk of a condition named Infantile Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis (IHPS) in your child. IHPS is characterised by a gap between the stomach and small intestine & it thickens and blocks the passage of food from the stomach to the intestine.
Q: Will Althrocin cause any fungal infection?
A: This antibiotic may cause fungal infection in some people due to the disruption of beneficial bacteria. Immediately inform your doctor in such cases.
Other Variants for
Althrocin 250mg Tablet
Last Updated on: 06 Sep 2020 | 05:32 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved