Alep 0.5mg Tablets
Alep 0.5 MG Description
Alep 0.5mg Tablet is a medicine used to manage panic disorders and anxiety disorders due to depression. Its active constituent is Alprazolam. Other uses of Alep 0.5mg Tablet are to manage symptoms of
anxiety, migraine, tension and stress. Alep 0.5mgTablet belongs to the Benzodiazepine (BZD) class of medications. Benzodiazepines treat anxiety by calming the brain and the nerves. Alep 0.5mg Tablet is used to alleviate anxiety. It acts by blocking chemicals that make you stressed and reducing feelings of anxiety and worry. Other uses of Alep 0.5 mg Tablet include relieving apprehension, concentration problems, irritability, difficulty sleeping, restlessness, and perspiration of the hands and feet. The medication should be taken orally and should not be chewed. Place the tablet in the mouth and swallow it with water. Inform your doctor if you have any other health problems like epileptic seizures, bronchial asthma, suicidal tendency, clinical depression, and any drug abuse history. Some side effects of Alep 0.5 mg Tablet may occur, including difficulty in breathing, weight gain, changes in the pattern of speech, loss of coordination, drowsiness, skin blisters (fluid filled bubbles on skin), headache, nausea, and indigestion. Birth defects in the newborn are seen when Alep is taken in pregnancy. Its traces have been discovered even in breast milk. Do not drive or operate equipment while taking Alep 0.5 mg because they may cause dizziness and impair reactions.
|You Save||₹3.14 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Sedation, Vertigo, Headache, Jaundice, Ataxia (difficulty in movement and coordination of limbs)|
Uses of Alep 0.5 MG
- Management of anxiety disorder
- Resolving stress and tension in anxiety
- Management of the panic disorder
- To decrease high blood pressure and tremors in people with anxiety.
- To reduce fear; unexpected fear of living, and nonliving in panic disorder
Contraindications of Alep 0.5 MG
- If you have a known allergy to alprazolam or any other components, you must avoid using it.
- If they have narrow-angle glaucoma (increase in pressure in the eyeball), the usage of this medication may induce an increase in intraocular pressure (pressure in the eyeball).
- If you have active liver problems, you should avoid taking the Tablet. Alprazolam is broken down and absorbed in the liver before it is eliminated.
- If you have Myasthenia gravis, avoid taking an Alep 0.5 mg tablet.
- If you have had preexisting CNS depression or have been in a coma in the past, take Alep 0.5 mg with caution.
- If you are diagnosed with respiratory depression or pulmonary insufficiency, do not take an Alep 0.5 mg tablet.
- Do not take an Alep 0.5 mg Tablet if you have active kidney disease..
Side effects of Alep 0.5 MG
- Ataxia (difficulty in movement and coordination of limbs)
Precautions and Warnings of Alep 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You must not use Alep 0.5 mg in children because the safety and efficacy of this medicine are not known.
- You may experience drowsiness and muscle weakness if your age is above 60, so use this medicine with extreme caution.
- Your body weight can change (increase or decrease) as a side effect of Alep 0.5 mg.
- You must use Alep 0. 5mg with extreme caution if there is a history of addiction. Flumazenil can produce severe withdrawal symptoms, including seizures, in people on long-term benzodiazepine medication....
- You must take Alep 0. 5mg with extreme caution if there is a history of depression, especially if the suicidal risk is present. Patients with GDD treated with alprazolam have experienced mania or hypomania....
- You must avoid participating in specific sports if you are an athlete while taking alprazolam. High-risk sports such as archery, racing, and shooting should be avoided.
Mode of Action of Alep 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Alep 0.5 MG
- Follow the doctor's instructions when taking the Alep 0.5mg Tablet.
- While using the medication, Ensure to follow all the instructions present on the label.
- Alep 0.5mg is to be taken orally and should not be chewed or crushed.
- Place the tablet in your mouth and wait for it to dissolve before swallowing it
Interactions of Alep 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Alep 0.5 mg interacts with metoclopramide, leading to dizziness, drowsiness, disorientation, and problems concentrating.
- Concurrent use of Alep 0.5 mg and opioids, including morphine, codeine, tramadol, can cause extreme drowsiness, respiratory depression, coma, and death.
- If possible, avoid using Alprazolam with cetirizine or levocetirizine. Taking these two tablets increases sleepiness and exaggerates the side effects of Alep 0.5 mg tablets.
- Antihypertensive and Alep 0.5 mg interaction can cause hypotensive symptoms such as dizziness and lightheadedness.
- Alep and medications belonging to opioid groups should not be given together. The interaction can cause respiratory depression.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid consuming grapefruit juice, tea, or coffee as it might result in adverse effects. Coffee is known to stimulate the brain, whereas Alep 0.5mg Tablet relaxes it. Thus drinking too much coffee reduces the efforts of this medication in calming the brain....
Storage and disposal of Alep 0.5 MG
Dosage of Alep 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Alep 0.5 mg tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: After I start feeling better, can I stop taking Tablets?
Q: Is it okay to take Alep 0.5 mg for a hangover?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Mar 12]. Available from
- Chaves RG, Lamounier JA. Breastfeeding and maternal medications. J Pediatr (Rio J) [Internet]. 2004 [cited 2022 Mar 12];80(5 Suppl):S189-98. Available from:
- FDA APPROVED LABELING FOR XANAX XR attachment to FDA approval letter for NDA 21-434 [Internet]. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 12]. Available from:
- Xanax Tablets 250 micrograms [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 12]. Available from
- These highlights do not include all the information needed to use ALPRAZOLAM TABLETS safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for ALPRAZOLAM TABLETS. ALPRAZOLAM tablets, for oral use, CIV Initial U.S. Approval: 1981 [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 12]. Available from:
- Alprazolam: Dependence, misuse and withdrawal symptoms: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2022 Mar 12];1515(1):24–24. Available from: