Alburel 5% Injection 100ml
Alburel 5 % Description
Alburel Solution For Infusion is used to restore and maintain the circulating blood volume, where a volume deficiency has been evident. It contains human albumin as its active ingredient. Albumin act
s by replenishing the depleted fluid or blood volume in the body due to various conditions or incidences. This injection will be administered to you by a doctor or nurse in a hospital setup. Do not self-inject. You should follow the aftercare procedure as advised by your doctor. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and regarding the medicines and supplements you take and the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting the medicine.
Uses of Alburel 5 %
Contraindications of Alburel 5 %
Side effects of Alburel 5 %
Precautions and Warnings of Alburel 5 %
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of brain injury, the injection must be used with caution.
- You develop allergic reactions like rashes, itching, hives, nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate, high blood pressure, etc then the doctor may discontinue the treatment.
- You may develop a risk of transmission of infection, which is reduced by a screening of plasma donors for viruses.
- It must be used with caution in the situation when there is too much fluid in the blood. Such situations are heart failure, high blood pressure, heart problem, swelling in the lungs, anaemia, kidney dysfunction with urine output....
- If there are signs of increased blood volume like headache, breathing disorder, increased blood or swelling in the lungs, then the treatment must be stopped.
Mode of Action of Alburel 5 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Alburel 5 %
- The injection is given to you in the hospital by the doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject the medicine.
- Follow the instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Alburel 5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Alburel Solution For Infusion works or the medicine itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Alburel Solution For Infusion must not be mixed with medicinal products, blood and blood components and with solutions containing alcohol.
Storage and disposal of Alburel 5 %
- Alburel Solution For Infusion must be kept below 25°C.
- Store it in the original container to protect it from light.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Alburel 5 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Alburel Solution For Infusion on my own?
Q: Do I need to take precautions during treatment with Alburel Solution For Infusion?
- Yes, inform the doctor if you experience an allergic reaction.
- If you suffer from anaemia or heart problem.
Q: For how long will the Alburel Solution For Infusion be given to me?
- Albunorm20%, 200g/l, solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- KEDBUMIN- albumin (human) injection, solution, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Albunorm20%, 200g/l, solution for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]