Aclasta 5mg Injection 100ml
By NOVARTIS INDIA LTD
100ml Solution For Infusion in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Aclasta 5 MG Description
Aclasta Solution For Infusion is used for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, and to prevent bone complications. It also helps to reduce the amount of calcium in the blood which is
too high due to the presence of cancer. It contains zoledronic acid as its active ingredient that belongs to the bisphosphonates class of medicines. The dose, duration, and frequency of the treatment will be decided by your doctor after accessing your condition. Aclasta Solution For Infusion will be given to you at a hospital under the medical supervision of the doctor and nurse. Do not self-inject and follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor.
|Contains||Zoledronic Acid / Zoledronate(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Osteoporosis, high blood calcium level|
|Side effects||Low level of calcium in blood, kidney problems|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOPOROSIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Zoledronic Acid / Zoledronate(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Aclasta 5 MG
- Osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
- Prevent bone complications such as fractures in an adult patient with bone cancer
- Helps to reduce the amount of calcium in adult patients that occurs as a result of cancer.
Contraindications of Aclasta 5 MG
- If you are allergic to zoledronic acid, any other biphosphates or any of the ingredients of Aclasta Solution For Infusion.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Aclasta 5 MG
- kidney problem
- Low level of calcium in the blood
Precautions and Warnings of Aclasta 5 MG
Can I take Aclasta 5mg Injection 100ml during pregnancy?
Aclasta Solution For Infusion is not recommended to be used during pregnancy.
Can I take Aclasta 5mg Injection 100ml while breastfeeding?
Aclasta Solution For Infusion is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Aclasta 5mg Injection 100ml?
You may rarely experience drowsy or sleepy. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with Aclasta 5mg Injection 100ml?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with Aclasta Solution For Infusion. So it is important to consult your physician if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have less amount of calcium in the blood. As it may lead to dry skin, burning sensation, muscle twitch, seizures, spasms, irregular heartbeat, etc. In such conditions, the doctor might give you adequate calcium and vitamin D supplements before starting the treatment with this injection....
- You have or had kidney problems.
- You have a history or currently have pain, swelling or numbness, or heaviness of the jaw. The doctor might recommend a dental examination before starting the treatment.
- You are having any kind of dental treatment or are due to undergo dental surgery.
- You experience unusual signs in the mouth or teeth such as pain swelling, loose teeth etc. Because it can be a sign of osteonecrosis of the jaw (a condition of bone disease that occurs when there is a loss of blood to the bone). ...
- You are undergoing chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or taking any steroids, have gum disease, or smoke, then there are more chances of developing osteonecrosis of the jaw.
- It is recommended to maintain good oral hygiene during the treatment with Aclasta Solution For Infusion.
Mode of Action of Aclasta 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Zoledronic acid works by attaching itself to the bone and slowing down the rate of bone change. It strengthens the bones and minimizes the risk of bones breaking by inhibiting bone removal (resorption) by osteoclasts (a type of bone cell that destroy bone tissue)....
Directions for Use of Aclasta 5 MG
- Aclasta Solution For Infusion will be given in the hospital or clinic by the doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject the medicine and follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Aclasta 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Aclasta Solution For Infusion or Aclasta Solution For Infusion itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions....
- Concomitant use of Aclasta Solution For Infusion and medicines used to treat severe infections, calcitonin (to treat postmenopausal osteoporosis and hypercalcaemia), diuretics, or any other calcium lowering medicines. As it can lead to a drastic drop in blood calcium levels....
- Avoid simultaneous use of Aclasta Solution For Infusion and thalidomide (used to treat a certain type of blood and bone cancer), or any other medicine to treat cancer, as it may lead to osteonecrosis (a condition of bone death caused by poor blood supply)....
- Avoid taking any other medicine that is already containing zoledronic acid, to avoid toxicity or any unwanted effects.
Storage and disposal of Aclasta 5 MG
- Aclasta Solution For Infusion should be stored in a refrigerator at 2°C – 8°C but no longer than 24 hours.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Aclasta 5 MG
Aclasta Solution For Infusion will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose on the medicine. If you experience symptoms right after taking the injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse as to when Aclasta Solution For Infusion should be given to you. Thus, it is unlikely that a dose of this medicine will be missed. If the doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Aclasta Solution For Infusion used for?
A: Aclasta Solution For Infusion is used to treat or prevent the weakening of the bones (osteoporosis) caused by menopause. It helps prevent bone complications. It also helps to reduce the amount of calcium in the blood due to the presence of cancer.
Q: What is Osteonecrosis of the jaw?
A: Osteonecrosis of the jaw is a condition of severe bone disease that occurs when due to less supply of blood to the bone.
Q: Does Aclasta Solution For Infusion cause Osteonecrosis of the jaw?
A: Yes, Aclasta Solution For Infusion may cause Osteonecrosis (bone damage ) of the jaw, as a side effect. Therefore, to prevent this condition maintain good oral hygiene and have regular dental check-ups during the treatment with Aclasta Solution For Infusion. If you experience any unusual signs of mouth and teeth, speak to your doctor.
Q: Is Aclasta Solution For Infusion a habit forming medicine?
A: No, it has no habit-forming tendencies.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Zoledronic Acid infusion- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Zoledronic Acid infusion- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) B2 Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed