Acenac Mr 4mg Tablet
By MEDLEY PHARMACEUTICAL PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Acenac MR 4 mg tablet is a pain killer and used to relieve pain associated with arthritis, headache, cold, muscle spasm, menstrual pain, tooth pain etc. It is a combination medicine containing aceclof
enac, paracetamol and thiocolchicoside. It is not recommended for use in pregnant women. Acenac MR 4 mg tablet may cause side effects like vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain etc. If you feel discomfort or experience any of the side effects, it is important to consult your doctor....
Uses of Acenac Mr 4mg Tablet
- Acenac MR 4 mg tablet is used for the treatment of pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Headache, toothache, colds, influenza, and menstrual cramps
- Painful muscle contractions
Contraindications of Acenac Mr 4mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to aceclofenac, paracetamol, thiocolchicoside or any of the ingredients of Acenac MR 4 mg tablet
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol
- If you have a history of peptic ulcers or any blood disorder
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Acenac Mr 4mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Acenac Mr 4mg Tablet
Can I take Acenac MR 4 mg tablet during pregnancy?
It is not recommended for use in pregnant women as components of this medicine may cause abnormalities to the unborn baby. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication during pregnancy.
Can I take Acenac MR 4 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of this medicine pass into the breast milk in a small amount. Hence it is advised to avoid using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Acenac MR 4 mg tablet?
You may experience dizziness, giddiness, drowsiness, fatigue, visual disturbances etc. Therefore it is better to be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Acenac MR 4 mg tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment, as it may cause liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a severe liver or kidney disease
- You are suffering from bleeding in the stomach or peptic ulcers
- You are alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition
- You are an elderly person
- You have respiratory disorders like asthma
- You experience severe allergic reactions
- You may develop the liver disease due to prolonged use of this medicine
Mode of Action of Acenac Mr 4mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Prostaglandins are chemical substances that cause pain, swelling, and fever. This medicine blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain. It acts on the are
a of the brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it controls the fever....
Directions for Use of Acenac Mr 4mg Tablet
- Take Acenac MR 4 mg tablet as directed by your physician.
- Swallow this medicine whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Acenac Mr 4mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone when used concomitantly can alter the effect of this medicine.
- The effect of Antihypertensive medicines like captopril, enalapril, antidepressants like lithium, medicines used to treat gout, like probenecid can be altered when used concomitantly with this medicine....Read more
- The effect of Medicines to treat heart conditions like digoxin, Anti HIV medicines like zidovudine is decreased when used along with this tablet.
- Water pills like furosemide, when used together with this medicine, can result in reduced potassium level in the blood.
- The effect of blood thinners like warfarin cab be enhanced when used together with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Acenac Mr 4mg Tablet
- Do not store Acenac MR 4 mg tablets above 25°C
- This medicine must be kept away from the reach of children
Dosage of Acenac Mr 4mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, excitation, ringing in ears, drowsiness, dizziness, stomach ache and rarely fits.
- If you think you have taken too much of Acenac MR 4 mg tablet contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Acenac MR 4 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a doub
le dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause severe liver damage in case of overdose.
- Caution is needed while giving this medicine to older people too.
- Aceclofenac 100 mg film-coated Tablets Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 September 2021]
- Aceclofenac 100 mg film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 September 2021]
- Paracetamol Tablets 500mg (POM) Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 September 2021]
- Paracetamol Tablets 500mg (POM) - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 September 2021]
- Thiocolchicoside - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2021 [cited 4 September 2021]
- Thiocolchicoside Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 September 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 04 Sep 2021 | 06:03 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved