Ace Revelol 50/5mg Tablets 10'S
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ace Revelol 50/5mg Tablets 10'S Description
Ace Revelol 50/5mg tablet is a medicine consisting of metoprolol and ramipril that treats high blood pressure. It is used as a preventative medication for heart attack and stroke in some cases.
|You Save||₹42.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metoprolol(50.0 Mg) + Ramipril(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||lower blood pressure|
|Side effects||dizziness, headache, bradycardia, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Metoprolol(50.0 Mg) + Ramipril(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Ace Revelol 50/5mg Tablets 10'S
- Lowers blood pressure
Contraindications of Ace Revelol 50/5mg Tablets 10'S
- Second or third-degree (AV) heart block
- Uncontrolled heart failure
- Sinus bradycardia
- Prinzmetal's angina
- Asthma and history of bronchospasm
- Concomitant use with sacubitril
- Bilateral renal artery blockage
- Allergy to metoprolol or ramipril
Side effects of Ace Revelol 50/5mg Tablets 10'S
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle spasm
- Gastric disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Ace Revelol 50/5mg Tablets 10'S
Can I take Ace Revelol tablet during pregnancy?
Intake of Ace Revelol tablet is considered unsafe during pregnancy. However, even if you need to take medicine, the benefits should outweigh the potential risk to the fetus. Please consult the doctor for advice.
Can Ace Revelol tablet be used during breastfeeding?
Although metoprolol is excreted in human milk, it has been found in a low amount. Therefore, doctors' advice should be taken before taking this medicine during pregnancy.
Is it safe to drive after I have taken Ace Revelol tablets?
These tablets may affect the patient's ability to drive due to the adverse effects associated with beta-blockers.
Can I consume alcohol with Ace Revelol tablets?
The concomitant use of alcohol may cause and enhance the hypotensive effect. Therefore, alcohol should not be consumed with Ace Revelol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an allergy to metoprolol and ramipril
- You have severe lung, kidney or heart disease like heart failure
- You are doing strict fasting
- You have diabetes
- You have peripheral blood vessel disease
- You are on chronic medications for any condition, especially for any heart disease
- You have psoriasis
- You have phaeochromocytoma
- You have thyrotoxicosis or any thyroid disorder
Mode of Action of Ace Revelol 50/5mg Tablets 10'S
How Does It Work?
Metoprolol is a receptor inhibitor that blocks the beta-1 receptors and decreases cardiac activity. In addition, ramipril inhibits angiotensin II formation, reducing sodium and water reabsorption from kidneys and relaxing the smooth muscles....
Directions for Use of Ace Revelol 50/5mg Tablets 10'S
- The tablet is advised to take once in the morning
- Follow the instructions on the prescription carefully. In case of doubt, ask the pharmacist or the doctor for clarification
- Do not crush, break or chew the tablet
- Swallow the entire tablet with a glass of water
Interactions of Ace Revelol 50/5mg Tablets 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Anesthetic medicines may increase reflex tachycardia which increases the risk of hypotension
- Concomitant use of ACE inhibitors with racecadotril may lead to an increased risk for angioedema
- Concomitant use of ACE inhibitors with heparin may induce hyperkalemia
- Interaction with lithium salts may reduce its excretion leading to lithium toxicity
- Ramipril interacts in hypoglycaemic agents, and it may lead to hypoglycaemic reactions
- Calcium channel blockers should not be given in combination with metoprolol as it increases the risk of heart failure and hypotension
- NSAIDs, if given with anti-hypertensives, reduce the antihypertensive effect of beta-blockers
Storage and disposal of Ace Revelol 50/5mg Tablets 10'S
- Store at room temperature
- Keep out of children's reach
- Keep away from excess light and moisture
Dosage of Ace Revelol 50/5mg Tablets 10'S
- Excess dosing can cause poisoning, which may lead to severe adverse reactions. Symptoms of overdose like headache, dizziness and fainting might be noticed
- In case of accidental poisoning, rush to the nearest doctor
Missed a Dose
If a dose is missed, take the tablet immediately or wait for the approaching dose and take it at the right time. Do not take two doses at once.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for this tablet to work?
A: The tablet starts to work after about an hour, and it might take a few weeks to notice the changes. Do not stop the medications if the symptoms go away.
Q: What will happen if I stop taking the medication?
A: Do not stop the medication abruptly. It may result in a sudden increase in blood pressure, increasing the risk to the heart. Instead, talk to your doctor if any side effects are seen.
Q: Is metoprolol more effective than other beta blockers?
A: Based on studies, metoprolol is considered one of the most effective due to its efficacy, and it has shown evidence of reducing complications with heart diseases.
Q: Can I stop the medication now that my blood pressure is normal?
A: Even if your blood pressure is normal, you need to complete the entire course of medication as prescribed by the doctor. Stoppage of the medicine abruptly may result in the rise of blood pressure. Therefore, it is best to discuss your current condition with your doctor and follow the instructions.
- Metoprolol Tartrate 50 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5345/smpc#MACHINEOPS
- Ramipril 2.5mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5890/smpc#MACHINEOPS
- Metoprolol: medicine for high blood pressure (hypertension) [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 26 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/metoprolol/
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.