Ace Proxyvon Cr Strip Of 10 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LAB (WOCKHARDT)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ace-Proxyvon CR Tablet is used to reduce swelling and pain in bones, joints and muscles. It is a combination medicine containing Aceclofenac and Rabeprazole. Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet works by the combined action of its two components. Aceclofenac inhibits the actions of certain chemicals in the body responsible for swelling and pain, whereas Rabeprazole present in the medicine helps in reducing the acidity induced by Aceclofenac, thereby reducing the chances of ulcers, heartburn and acidity associated with painkillers. Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You should preferably take this medicine with meals to avoid an upset stomach. This medicine should not be given to children.
Uses of Ace Proxyvon Cr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet is used for the conditions of swelling, pain and inflammation of joints muscles, bones and other body parts. It can sometimes be used for post-operative and dental pain as well.
Contraindications of Ace Proxyvon Cr Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have an allergy to aceclofenac or rabeprazole or any other ingredients of Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet.
- If you are allergic to other pain killers like ibuprofen, aspirin and diclofenac.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions upon painkiller consumption like asthmatic attack, runny nose and skin reactions.
- If you are suffering from any liver or kidney disease.
- If you have heart problems like a heart attack, heart failure or stroke.
- If you have any bleeding (stomach ulcer, vomited blood, etc), blood clotting disorders or blood circulation problems.
- If you are pregnant, planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Ace Proxyvon Cr Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach Pain
Precautions and Warnings of Ace Proxyvon Cr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of Ace-Proxyvon CR tablets in human pregnancy. Therefore, it should not be used during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor before using it.
Can I take Ace-Proxyvon CR tablets while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet passes into human milk and there is limited information available on its safety in the breastfed infant and lactating women. Consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, dizziness, sleepiness, vertigo while on treatment with Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet. Hence it is recommended to avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet?
There is no information regarding the interaction of Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet with alcohol. It is recommended not to consume alcohol while on this medicine, as alcohol leads to acidity and can lead to an increase in abdominal discomfort and other side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have known medical conditions like heart, stomach, intestine, kidney or liver-related problems, blood-related disorders, diabetes, hypertension, stomach ulcers, etc.
- You have asthma or breathing issues or are a smoker.
- You have chickenpox, the use of this medicine can lead to a serious infection.
- You had major surgery and are recovering from it.
- You suffer from a rare disorder - porphyria.
- You have a stomach tumour.
- You have systemic lupus erythematosus or other connective tissue disorders.
- You are taking anti-HIV medicines or have an allergy to any other medicine.
- You have a risk of having vitamin B12 deficiency.
- You are going to have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A).
- You are taking a medicine containing atazanavir.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Ace Proxyvon Cr Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- The combination of aceclofenac and rabeprazole is based on the pain killer effect of aceclofenac and the anti-acidity effect of rabeprazole.
- Aceclofenac blocks or inhibits the action of certain chemicals produced in the body which are responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation and thus helps to ease pain and reduce swelling.Read less
- However, the use of aceclofenac has been reported to cause gastric discomfort and acidity. Hence, it is combined with rabeprazole, a medicine that reduces the amount of acid made by the stomach, thus preventing damage to the stomach. Thus, the combination helps alleviate pain with minimal gastric irritation caused due to aceclofenac alone.Read less
Directions for Use of Ace Proxyvon Cr Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet should be swallowed with a glass of water along with food or after your meals. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- This medicine should be taken regularly, in doses and frequency as prescribed by your doctor and should not be taken for a duration longer than prescribed.
Interactions of Ace Proxyvon Cr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can interfere with the action of Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder.Read less
- In particular, if you are on certain medications such as antibiotics (like ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin), medicines used to treat heart-related problems like digoxin, anti-HIV medicines, blood pressure-lowering medicines, antidiabetics, etc.Read less
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are medicines for mood and brain-related disorders, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, water pills, etc.
- Concomitant use of Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet along with other pain killers like aspirin, Steroids, antiplatelets like Clopidogrel should be avoided as it can cause stomach and intestine bleeding.
- You should not use Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet for 8-12 days after taking Mifepristone as it can reduce its effects.
Storage and disposal of Ace Proxyvon Cr Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Ace-Proxyvon CR tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ace Proxyvon Cr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose include headache, nausea, vomiting, irritation or bleeding in the stomach and intestines, diarrhoea, excitation, drowsiness, dizziness, low blood pressure, unable to breathe, fainting, occasionally fits and coma. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet a painkiller?
A: Yes, Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet is a pain killer medicine. Do not self-medicate this medicine without consulting your doctor as it may not be suitable for your condition.
Q: For how long can I use Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet daily?
A: Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet should be used as told and only for the duration for which your doctor prescribes it. Consumption of Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet for a prolonged period increases the chances of developing side effects. Also, if the pain is not controlled by short-term use of the medicine, it should be examined by a doctor to identify the underlying cause, which should then be treated.
Q: My wife has been prescribed this medicine. How to give her Ace-Proxyvon CR tablet?
A: You should give her Ace-Proxyvon CR tablets along with a glass of water after having her meal. You need to give her this medicine regularly, in doses, frequency and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Ace-Proxyvon CR Tablet when my pain is relieved?
A: If Ace-Proxyvon CR Tablet is prescribed to provide relief from short-term pain, then it can be discontinued. If Ace-Proxyvon CR is advised by your doctor to provide relief from long-term pain, then this medicine should not be stopped.
- Preservex 100 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- Preservex 100 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 19 Jul 2021 | 01:08 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved