3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories Description
3-VC vaginal suppositories contain a combination of clindamycin and clotrimazole. It is used to treat bacterial, fungal and parasitic vaginal infections associated with vaginal discharge. It works by
stopping the growth of microorganisms that cause infection, thus preventing the spread of the infection. This medicine is meant only for vaginal use only. Some common side effects include burning, itching, irritation in the vagina and pain during urination. If these side effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor immediately. Seek medical advice before using 3-VC vaginal suppositories during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Uses of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
Contraindications of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
- If you are allergic to Clindamycin, Clotrimazole or any other ingredients of 3-VC vaginal suppositories.
- If you have experienced diarrhoea with blood in stools, severe stomach pain and cramps after using an antibiotic or which are seen in some diseases of the intestines.
Side effects of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
- Burning sensation, irritation in the vagina
- Pain while passing urine
Precautions and Warnings of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction after using 3-VC vaginal suppositories.
- You may experience mild irritation and burning sensation in the vagina while inserting the suppository, please contact your doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not go away.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using this medicine for 3 days.
- 3-VC vaginal suppositories are meant only for vaginal use and should not be consumed.
- You are advised to avoid intercourse even with condoms or vaginal diaphragms as the medicine can make them less effective.
- You should also not use tampons, vaginal douches or other vaginal products while using this medicine.
- You should preferably use cotton underwear.
- Dry the area around the vagina after a bath and change damp clothing at the earliest. Wipe the area dry from front to back after visiting the toilet. Avoid scratching the area around the vagina.
- If your partner has itching, redness or discomfort in the private parts, he should visit a doctor and inform about your treatment as well.
- Do not use 3-VC vaginal suppositories for any other conditions than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop using this medicine without completing the treatment.
- If this medicine is accidentally consumed, visit your doctor immediately or if it comes in contact with your eye, rinse thoroughly with cool water.
Mode of Action of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
How Does It Work?
- 3-VC vaginal suppositories work by the combined action of both its components - Clindamycin and Clotrimazole.
- Clindamycin is an antibiotic that works by attaching to the genetic material of bacteria, thus preventing the production of substances required for their growth, it controls their spread.
- Clotrimazole is an antifungal agent which works by attaching to the covering of the fungus cells. It destroys the covering and makes it porous. This slows the growth of the fungus and eventually kills it....
Directions for Use of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
- 3-VC vaginal suppositories is meant for vaginal use only.
- Use it as directed by the doctor.
- Read and follow the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wash thoroughly and dry your hands and vaginal area.
- Remove the wrapper, lie down and insert the suppository as mentioned in the label or leaflet.
- Do not use it more than that recommended by the doctor.
Interactions of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way 3-VC vaginal suppositories work or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbs you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Other medicines like Atracurium, Vecuronium which are used to relax muscles before surgery, should be used with caution with Candid-CL gel as the duration of muscle relaxation may be increased.
Storage and disposal of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
- Store 3-VC vaginal suppositories in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.