3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
By ERA PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
3 Vaginal Suppository(s) in Box
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
3-VC vaginal suppositories contain a combination of clindamycin and clotrimazole. It is used to treat bacterial, fungal and parasitic vaginal infections associated with vaginal discharge. It works by
stopping the growth of microorganisms that cause infection, thus preventing the spread of the infection. This medicine is meant only for vaginal use only. Some common side effects include burning, itching, irritation in the vagina and pain during urination. If these side effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor immediately. Seek medical advice before using 3-VC vaginal suppositories during pregnancy and breastfeeding....
Uses of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
3-VC vaginal suppositories are used for the treatment of different types of vaginal infections related to vaginal discharge. Vaginal discharge may be due to fungal, bacterial or parasitic infection or
a mixture of them....
Contraindications of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
- If you are allergic to Clindamycin, Clotrimazole or any other ingredients of 3-VC vaginal suppositories.
- If you have experienced diarrhoea with blood in stools, severe stomach pain and cramps after using an antibiotic or which are seen in some diseases of the intestines.
Side effects of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
- Burning sensation, irritation in the vagina
- Pain while passing urine
Precautions and Warnings of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
Can I use 3-VC vaginal suppositories during pregnancy?
3-VC vaginal suppositories should only be used during pregnancy if prescribed by your doctor, as there is limited safety information available. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if it is considered essential. Also, ensure not to use an applicator when you are pregnant.
Can I use 3-VC vaginal suppositories while breastfeeding?
3-VC vaginal suppositories should be avoided while breastfeeding, as it passes into breast milk and may be harmful to the baby. Consult a doctor for other safer alternatives.
Can I drive if I have used 3-VC vaginal suppositories?
There is limited information about the effects of 3-VC vaginal suppositories on driving.
Can I consume alcohol if I have used 3-VC vaginal suppositories?
There is no data regarding the interactions between 3-VC vaginal suppositories and alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction after using 3-VC vaginal suppositories.
- You may experience mild irritation and burning sensation in the vagina while inserting the suppository, please contact your doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not go away.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using this medicine for 3 days.
- 3-VC vaginal suppositories are meant only for vaginal use and should not be consumed.
- You are advised to avoid intercourse even with condoms or vaginal diaphragms as the medicine can make them less effective.
- You should also not use tampons, vaginal douches or other vaginal products while using this medicine.
- You should preferably use cotton underwear.
- Dry the area around the vagina after a bath and change damp clothing at the earliest. Wipe the area dry from front to back after visiting the toilet. Avoid scratching the area around the vagina.
- If your partner has itching, redness or discomfort in the private parts, he should visit a doctor and inform about your treatment as well.
- Do not use 3-VC vaginal suppositories for any other conditions than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop using this medicine without completing the treatment.
- If this medicine is accidentally consumed, visit your doctor immediately or if it comes in contact with your eye, rinse thoroughly with cool water.
Mode of Action of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
How Does It Work?
- 3-VC vaginal suppositories work by the combined action of both its components - Clindamycin and Clotrimazole.
- Clindamycin is an antibiotic that works by attaching to the genetic material of bacteria, thus preventing the production of substances required for their growth, it controls their spread.
- Clotrimazole is an antifungal agent which works by attaching to the covering of the fungus cells. It destroys the covering and makes it porous. This slows the growth of the fungus and eventually killsit....Read more
Directions for Use of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
- 3-VC vaginal suppositories is meant for vaginal use only.
- Use it as directed by the doctor.
- Read and follow the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wash thoroughly and dry your hands and vaginal area.
- Remove the wrapper, lie down and insert the suppository as mentioned in the label or leaflet.
- Do not use it more than that recommended by the doctor.
Interactions of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way 3-VC vaginal suppositories work or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbs you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Other medicines like Atracurium, Vecuronium which are used to relax muscles before surgery, should be used with caution with Candid-CL gel as the duration of muscle relaxation may be increased.
Storage and disposal of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
- Store 3-VC vaginal suppositories in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of 3vc Vag Box Of 3 Vaginal Suppositories
Seek medical attention in case you have used 3-VC vaginal suppositories in excess.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed using 3-VC vaginal suppositories, use it as soon as possible. Do not overuse this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of 3-VC vaginal suppositories?
A: 3-VC vaginal suppositories are used for the treatment of different types of vaginal infections related to vaginal discharge. Vaginal discharge may be due to fungal, bacterial or parasitic infection or a mixture of them.
Q: Can I stop using 3-VC vaginal suppositories on my own if I feel my symptoms have gone away?
A: No, you should not stop using 3-VC vaginal suppositories until it is advised by your doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop using it before completing the treatment your symptoms may return and your condition may also worsen.
Q: Can I use 3-VC vaginal suppositories for any white discharge?
A: No, you should visit a gynaecologist who will confirm if you have an infection or not after careful examination. Your gynaecologist may then prescribe you 3-VC vaginal suppositories or any other appropriate medicine based on your infection and general health.
Q: Can one have intercourse while using 3-VC vaginal suppositories?
A: You are advised not to have intercourse till the duration of the treatment ends and until your gynaecologist approves it, as your partner may get the infection. Intercourse with protection is also not advisable as the tablet may react with the material of protection and break it, thus wasting its purpose.
Last Updated on: 03 Aug 2021 | 04:57 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved