Racecadotril is used for the treatment of acute diarrhoea. It acts on the gastr
intestinal (GI) tract and reduces secretions, this results in controlling diarrhoea. It is not suitable for all types of diarrhoea. Racecadotril is available in the form of tablets, capsules, syrup, suspension, oral powder.
Uses of Racecadotril
Contraindications of Racecadotril
When should one not use Racecadotril
Side effects of Racecadotril
Common side effects of this drug are:
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Racecadotril
Other General Warnings
- You have any problems with liver or kidneys.
- You develop skin reactions.
- You experience prolonged or uncontrolled vomiting.
- You have a fever or notice blood in your stools.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea due to the use of antibiotics.
Mode of Action of Racecadotril
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Racecadotril
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way racecadotril works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure....