Nimesulide+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Nimesulide+Paracetamol is a combination medicine. It is used to relieve pain su
ch as headache, ear pain, period pain, joint pain. It is also used in fever. Both these medicines work by reducing the chemical substances in the body that cause pain, inflammation, fever. Nimesulide+Paracetamol is available in the form of tablet, syrup, suspension, oral liquid, gel. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting Nimesulide+Paracetamol.
Uses of Nimesulide+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
- Nimesulide+Paracetamol is used to relieve pain in conditions such as toothache, ear pain, joint pain, headache, pain during menses, etc.
- It is also used in fever.
Contraindications of Nimesulide+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
When should one not use Nimesulide+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
- If you are allergic to nimesulide or paracetamol.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- If you have flu, fever, chills and shivering.
- If you have a history of liver damage induced by medicines like nimesulide.
- If you had or have stomach bleeding, ulcer and inflammation of stomach lining.
- If you have problems related to blood clotting, bleeding disorders.
- If you have serious heart failure problems or heart-related disorders.
- It should not be used in patients less than 12 years old, pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers.
Side effects of Nimesulide+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Common side effects of this drug are:
- Application site reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Nimesulide+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Can I use Nimesulide+Paracetamol during pregnancy?
Nimesulide+Paracetamol should not be used during pregnancy or if you are planning to conceive, consult your doctor before using it.
Can I use Nimesulide+Paracetamol while breastfeeding?
Nimesulide+Paracetamol should not be used while breastfeeding. Consult your doctor before using it.
Can I drive if I have used Nimesulide+Paracetamol?
Nimesulide+Paracetamol may make you feel drowsy, thus you need to be cautious while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Nimesulide+Paracetamol?
Avoid consuming alcohol with Nimesulide+Paracetamol, as it may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, liver, kidneys
- You have a history of stomach or intestine ulcers
- You have nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, weakness
- You develop black tarry stools or vomit blood
- You are above 60 years old
- You are scheduled to have a surgery
Mode of Action of Nimesulide+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
How Does It Work?
Nimesulide+Paracetamol works by blocking the production of a chemical substance (prostaglandin), which is produced by the body causing symptoms like pain and swelling. It also acts on the area of the brain responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, helps in controlling fever....
Interactions of Nimesulide+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nimesulide+Paracetamol works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction....
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, cancer, gout, infections or are taking medicines like blood thinners, steroids, medicines used to modify the immune system during organ transplant....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Nimesulide+Paracetamol be used for menstrual pains?
A: Yes, Nimesulide+Paracetamol can be used for menstrual pains after consulting a doctor.
Q: In which all dosage forms is Nimesulide+Paracetamol available?
A: Nimesulide+Paracetamol is available in the form of tablet, syrup, suspension, oral liquid, gel.
- NIMESULIDE [Internet]. Ema.europa.eu. 2021 [cited 7 October 2021]
- Trademark 100 mg Tablets/Granules for oral suspension [Internet]. Mri.cts-mrp.eu. 2021 [cited 7 October 2021]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 October 2021]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 October 2021]
- Nimesulide & Paracetamol Tablets – Salvavidas Pharmaceutical [Internet]. Salvavidaspharma.com. 2021 [cited 7 October 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Medicines containing Nimesulide+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
OXALGIN NP TABLETS
By SARABHAI ZYDUS ANIMAL HEALTH LTD
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
NIMEK PARA SYRUP 60ML
By J B CHEMICALS AND PHARMACEUTICALS
60ml Suspension in Bottle
We do not sell this product