Zotadine 1gm Injection
Zotadine 1 GM Description
Zotadine Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, skin & soft tissues, stomach & intestines, urinary tract, etc. It is also u
sed in meningitis (inflammation of meninges that cover the brain and spinal cord). It contains ceftazidime, which belongs to the antibiotic class of medicine.
Uses of Zotadine 1 GM
Contraindications of Zotadine 1 GM
- If you are allergic to ceftazidime, any other cephalosporins or any other ingredients of Zotadine Injection.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reaction to any other antibiotics like penicillins.
Side effects of Zotadine 1 GM
- Injection site reactions
- Skin rash
- Swelling/redness in veins
Precautions and Warnings of Zotadine 1 GM
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergy to penicillins or any medicines.
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are suffering from diarrhoea due to this medicine.
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with certain lab tests.
Mode of Action of Zotadine 1 GM
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zotadine 1 GM
- Zotadine Injection will be given to you in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by doctor or nurse during the procedure or for after care.
Interactions of Zotadine 1 GM
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zotadine Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking antibiotics, water pills, oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Zotadine 1 GM
- Store Zotadine Injection in a clean & dry place away from direct heat, moisture & sunlight.
- Keep away from children.
Dosage of Zotadine 1 GM
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Zotadine Injection?
Q: What is the composition of Zotadine Injection?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Drugs H. Ceftazidime Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- FORTAZ® (ceftazidime for injection) USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Ceftazidime 1g Powder for Solution for Injection or Infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Ceftazidime 1g Powder for Solution for Injection or Infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]