Zoledron 4mg Injection
By SHANTA BIOTECHNICS PVT LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zoledron 4 MG Description
Zoledron 4mg Injection is used for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, and to prevent bone complications. It also helps to reduce the amount of calcium in the blood which is too high due to the presence of cancer. It contains zoledronic acid as its active ingredient that belongs to the bisphosphonates class of medicines. The dose, duration, and frequency of the treatment will be decided by your doctor after accessing your condition. Zoledron 4mg Injection will be given to you at a hospital under the medical supervision of the doctor and nurse. Do not self-inject and follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor....
|You Save||₹647.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Contains||Zoledronic Acid / Zoledronate(4.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Osteoporosis, high blood calcium level|
|Side effects||Low level of calcium in blood, kidney problems|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR OSTEOPOROSIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Zoledronic Acid / Zoledronate(4.0 Mg)
Uses of Zoledron 4 MG
- Osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
- Prevent bone complications such as fractures in an adult patient with bone cancer
- Helps to reduce the amount of calcium in adult patients that occurs as a result of cancer.
Contraindications of Zoledron 4 MG
- If you are allergic to zoledronic acid, any other biphosphates or any of the ingredients of Zoledron 4mg Injection .
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Zoledron 4 MG
- kidney problem
- Low level of calcium in the blood
Precautions and Warnings of Zoledron 4 MG
Can I take Zoledron 4mg Injection during pregnancy?
Zoledron 4mg Injection is not recommended to be used during pregnancy.
Can I take Zoledron 4mg Injection while breastfeeding?
Zoledron 4mg Injection is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zoledron 4mg Injection?
You may rarely experience drowsy or sleepy. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with Zoledron 4mg Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with Zoledron 4mg Injection . So it is important to consult your physician if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have less amount of calcium in the blood. As it may lead to dry skin, burning sensation, muscle twitch, seizures, spasms, irregular heartbeat, etc. In such conditions, the doctor might give you adequate calcium and vitamin D supplements before starting the treatment with this injection....
- You have or had kidney problems.
- You have a history or currently have pain, swelling or numbness, or heaviness of the jaw. The doctor might recommend a dental examination before starting the treatment.
- You are having any kind of dental treatment or are due to undergo dental surgery.
- You experience unusual signs in the mouth or teeth such as pain swelling, loose teeth etc. Because it can be a sign of osteonecrosis of the jaw (a condition of bone disease that occurs when there is a loss of blood to the bone). ...
- You are undergoing chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or taking any steroids, have gum disease, or smoke, then there are more chances of developing osteonecrosis of the jaw.
- It is recommended to maintain good oral hygiene during the treatment with Zoledron 4mg Injection .
Mode of Action of Zoledron 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Zoledronic acid works by attaching itself to the bone and slowing down the rate of bone change. It strengthens the bones and minimizes the risk of bones breaking by inhibiting bone removal (resorption) by osteoclasts (a type of bone cell that destroy bone tissue)....
Directions for Use of Zoledron 4 MG
- Zoledron 4mg Injection will be given in the hospital or clinic by the doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject the medicine and follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Zoledron 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Zoledron 4mg Injection or Zoledron 4mg Injection itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions....
- Concomitant use of Zoledron 4mg Injection and medicines used to treat severe infections, calcitonin (to treat postmenopausal osteoporosis and hypercalcaemia), diuretics, or any other calcium lowering medicines. As it can lead to a drastic drop in blood calcium levels....
- Avoid simultaneous use of Zoledron 4mg Injection and thalidomide (used to treat a certain type of blood and bone cancer), or any other medicine to treat cancer, as it may lead to osteonecrosis (a condition of bone death caused by poor blood supply)....
- Avoid taking any other medicine that is already containing zoledronic acid, to avoid toxicity or any unwanted effects.
Storage and disposal of Zoledron 4 MG
- Zoledron 4mg Injection should be stored in a refrigerator at 2°C – 8°C but no longer than 24 hours.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Zoledron 4 MG
Zoledron 4mg Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose on the medicine. If you experience symptoms right after taking the injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse as to when Zoledron 4mg Injection should be given to you. Thus, it is unlikely that a dose of this medicine will be missed. If the doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Zoledron 4mg Injection used for?
A: Zoledron 4mg Injection is used to treat or prevent the weakening of the bones (osteoporosis) caused by menopause. It helps prevent bone complications. It also helps to reduce the amount of calcium in the blood due to the presence of cancer.
Q: What is Osteonecrosis of the jaw?
A: Osteonecrosis of the jaw is a condition of severe bone disease that occurs when due to less supply of blood to the bone.
Q: Does Zoledron 4mg Injection cause Osteonecrosis of the jaw?
A: Yes, Zoledron 4mg Injection may cause Osteonecrosis (bone damage ) of the jaw, as a side effect. Therefore, to prevent this condition maintain good oral hygiene and have regular dental check-ups during the treatment with Zoledron 4mg Injection . If you experience any unusual signs of mouth and teeth, speak to your doctor.
Q: Is Zoledron 4mg Injection a habit forming medicine?
A: No, it has no habit-forming tendencies.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Zoledronic Acid infusion- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Zoledronic Acid infusion- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) B2 Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay