Zefu Cv Dry Syrup 30ml
Zefu Cv Dry Syrup 30ml Description
Zefu Cv Dry Suspension is an antibiotic medicine and is used to treat various bacterial infections like infections of the urinary tract, respiratory tract and sexually transmitted diseases. It contai
ns cefuroxime and clavulanic acid as its active components. Cefuroxime is an antibiotic that acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria and clavulanic acid acts by inhibiting the enzyme made by bacteria; this will help cefuroxime to function optimally. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to penicillins or any other ingredients of this medicine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without first consulting your doctor.
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(31.25 Mg) + Cefuroxime(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, headache|
Uses of Zefu Cv Dry Syrup 30ml
Contraindications of Zefu Cv Dry Syrup 30ml
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Zefu Cv Dry Suspension.
- If you have a history of a severe allergy to any other antibiotics like penicillins.
Side effects of Zefu Cv Dry Syrup 30ml
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Zefu Cv Dry Syrup 30ml
Other General Warnings
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Zefu Cv Dry Suspension.
- You have a history of an allergy to any antibiotic like cephalosporins, penicillins.
- You are already taking water pills, as it can affect kidney functions.
- You have a history of pain and swelling in the inner lining of the intestine.
Mode of Action of Zefu Cv Dry Syrup 30ml
How Does It Work?
- Zefu Cv Dry Suspension works by the combined action of both its components: cefuroxime and clavulanic acid
- Cefuroxime acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which is responsible for bacterial infection. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases), which can destroy cefuroxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefuroxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Zefu Cv Dry Syrup 30ml
- Zefu Cv Dry Suspension should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zefu Cv Dry Syrup 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Zefu Cv Dry Suspension may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions are seen with these two components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination....
- Oral contraceptives, antacids and medicines used in the treatment of gout, such as Probenecid, should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Zefu Cv Dry Syrup 30ml
- Store Zefu Cv Dry Suspension at room temperature, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of the children and pets.
Dosage of Zefu Cv Dry Syrup 30ml
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Zefu Cv Dry Suspension, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Zefu Cv Dry Suspension?
Q: For how long do I need to take Zefu Cv Dry Suspension?
- CDSCO - Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid Formulations, Tablets, Products, Syrup, Suspension from Leading Contract Manufacturers of India - Finecure Pharmaceuticals Limited [Internet]. Clavproducts.com. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Cefuroxime 250mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]