Zeclor 500mg Tablets
Zeclor 500mg Tablets Description
Zeclor Tablet is an antibiotic used for the treatment of severe bacterial infection and typhoid fever where other anti-infectives are ineffective. It contains chloramphenicol as an active ingredient.
It stops the growth of bacteria, thus preventing the spread of infection. Zeclor Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid. Zeclor Tablet should not be used to treat viral infection. Take the medicine at the prescribed dose for the prescribed duration to gain optimal benefits. You may experience nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, dizziness after taking the medicine. If these symptoms worsen, inform the doctor or visit a nearby hospital or clinic immediately. Zeclor Tablet is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infection and typhoid fever when other antimicrobials are ineffective.
|You Save||₹18.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Uses of Zeclor 500mg Tablets
Contraindications of Zeclor 500mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to chloramphenicol or other component of Zeclor Tablet.
- If you have or had a blood disorder such as porphyria.
- If you have been vaccinated recently.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking medicines that result in bone marrow suppression.
Side effects of Zeclor 500mg Tablets
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Dizziness, drowsiness
- Stomach pain and/or bloating
- Fatigue, dehydration, swelling
- Blood in stool
- Inflamed or swollen tongue
- Blurred vision, hearing loss
Precautions and Warnings of Zeclor 500mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You are on other medications.
- You are giving it to the elderly.
- Zeclor Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Zeclor 500mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zeclor 500mg Tablets
Interactions of Zeclor 500mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Zeclor Tablet works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Taking medicine with Zeclor Tablet may alter the effect of either medicine or cause serious consequences, hence should be used with caution.
- Paracetamol for pain and fever, antibiotics for infections such as co-trimoxazole, penicillin or rifampicin type.
- Blood thinners like warfarin, dicoumarin must be used with caution.
- Antidiabetics such as gliclazide, tolbutamide, immunosuppressive medicine such as cyclosporine, tacrolimus.
- Medicines that suppress bone marrow such as carbamazepine, penicillamine, sulphonamides, phenylbutazone, antipsychotic medicines such as clozapine, flupenthixol, fluphenazine, procainamide.
- Medicine used to treat seizure or fits such as carbamazepine, phenytoin and phenobarbital.
- Hormonal pills such as estrogen, medicines used to treat hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) such as carbimazole, propylthiouracil.
- Antiretroviral medicines used to treat HIV infection such as zidovudine, hydroxocobalamin as a form of vitamin B12 used to treat B12 deficiency, a medicine used to treat cancer such as cisplatin, daunorubicin....
Storage and disposal of Zeclor 500mg Tablets
- Store Zeclor Tablet at a temperature below 25°C at a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zeclor 500mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)