Wockstin 3 Miu Injection
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Wockstin 3000000 IU Description
Wockstin Injection is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infections. It contains colistimethate sodium which belongs to the antibiotic class of medicine. It is used when other antibiotic medi
cines are unsuitable.
Uses of Wockstin 3000000 IU
Wockstin Injection is used in the treatment of certain types of severe infections caused by bacteria.
Contraindications of Wockstin 3000000 IU
If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of Wockstin Injection
Side effects of Wockstin 3000000 IU
- Injection site reactions
- Stomach upset
Precautions and Warnings of Wockstin 3000000 IU
Can I take Wockstin Injection during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Wockstin Injection during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Wockstin Injection while breastfeeding?
Colistimethate sodium is secreted in breast milk in low amounts. Thus, you should consult your doctor before using Wockstin Injection while breastfeeding. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Wockstin Injection?
You may experience dizziness, confusion or visual disturbance while on treatment, thus you should be cautious.
Can I consume alcohol with Wockstin Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your kidneys
- You have a condition called myasthenia gravis (which causes muscle weakness)
- You are suffering from an autoimmune disorder - porphyria
Mode of Action of Wockstin 3000000 IU
How Does It Work?
Colistimethate sodium works by disrupting the bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Wockstin 3000000 IU
- Wockstin Injection will be given to you in a hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by your doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Wockstin 3000000 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Wockstin Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other antibiotic medicines, muscle relaxant medicines or you are taking medicines to treat myasthenia gravis (a condition causing muscle weakness).
Storage and disposal of Wockstin 3000000 IU
- Store Wockstin Injection in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Wockstin 3000000 IU
Wockstin Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse usually gives Wockstin Injection in the hospital or clinic. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you feel that a dose has been missed, please inform your doctor and nurse....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Wockstin Injection used for?
A: Wockstin Injection is used to treat certain types of severe infections caused by bacteria.
Q: Is Wockstin an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Wockstin Injection is an antibiotic medicine.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 31 May 2022]
- Colistimethate Sodium 1 Million I.U. Powder for Solution for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 31 May 2022]
- Colistimethate Sodium 1 Million I.U. Powder for Solution for Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 31 May 2022]
- Colistimethate Injection - MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 31 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.